The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad Richards and Captain America lift the Rangers over the top.

Winnipeg still has a chance as long as Ottawa doesn't pick more than one of their remaining four points. If Washington wins tonight, the game Sunday night in Boston becomes enormous.

Ottawa has 2 games left after tonight. Flyers could still play a role in whether Winnipeg gets in.

Oh damn. Picking up one more of their five remaining points (as of now) is a much easier task.

Thanks for the correction. Totally forgot this was only #46 for them.

---------------

UPDATE: Ottawa wins.

The Eastern field is set.

Well that blows.

Guess my only horse is whoever Vancouver plays, unless it's St Louis. That would suck.

Yeah the Eastern Conference is set.

In the West both Detroit and Blue Jackets lead in their games. Also St. Louis is up on the Flames 3-1. If the Blues hold on to win tonight and beat Chicago Saturday, the Blues would be #4. For some reason I think the Blues or kings will be #4, The Sharks will be #5 or 6 and the Wild, Wing, or Kings 7. Wings have an outside shot at 6 or 7, but that only happens if the Blues lose tonight AND Saturday both in regulation.

Update: Dallas tied Columbus 1-1.

Det 5 NSH 2. Final. So if Stars beat Jackets, Red Wings clinch, right? Trying to keep up with this is exciting, but kind of driving me nutty.

Blue Jackets have had a boatload of chances, but haven't scored since 19 seconds of the first period. Dallas just tied it on a very lucky bounce on a power play.

The next 1.5 periods will determine if Saturday's home finale matters or not. C'mon boys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Jets are out. That's probably going to kill the buzz of both the team and the energetic home crowd, during the 3rd period.

Winnipeg still has a chance for 25 wins and a true winning season (Kramerica Industries-standard). That's still a noble thing to play for. I think the Thrashers only had one winning season in their entire history.

spacer.png

Oh damn. Picking up one more of their five remaining points (as of now) is a much easier task.

Thanks for the correction. Totally forgot this was only #46 for them.

---------------

UPDATE: Ottawa wins.

The Eastern field is set.

Well that blows.

Guess my only horse is whoever Vancouver plays, unless it's St Louis. That would suck.

Yeah the Eastern Conference is set.

In the West both Detroit and Blue Jackets lead in their games. Also St. Louis is up on the Flames 3-1. If the Blues hold on to win tonight and beat Chicago Saturday, the Blues would be #4. For some reason I think the Blues or kings will be #4, The Sharks will be #5 or 6 and the Wild, Wing, or Kings 7. Wings have an outside shot at 6 or 7, but that only happens if the Blues lose tonight AND Saturday both in regulation.

Update: Dallas tied Columbus 1-1.

Det 5 NSH 2. Final. So if Stars beat Jackets, Red Wings clinch, right? Trying to keep up with this is exciting, but kind of driving me nutty.

If Dallas beats CBJ in regulation, boom, it's over. At the least, Jackets have to hope the game goes to overtime.

The Jets are out. That's probably going to kill the buzz of both the team and the energetic home crowd, during the 3rd period.

Winnipeg still has a chance for 25 wins and a true winning season (Kramerica Industries-standard). That's still a noble thing to play for. I think the Thrashers only had one winning season in their entire history.

Well chances of that are fading further away too. 4-2 Habs with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

24 wins is not too bad for them though, considering they were once the Atlanta Thrashers like you said. At least they're no longer loitering in the basement of the EC, on a yearly basis.

If Dallas beats CBJ in regulation, boom, it's over. At the least, Jackets have to hope the game goes to overtime.

But they'll need the full two points. In fact, with the situation as is, Columbus has to gain all four points left on their schedule and hope for a Dallas regulation win on Saturday night. Odds of that, of course, are not exactly high.

spacer.png

Archived