The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Which is why it's amusing when the Wings or Devils Twitter feeds have put them in their place before.

If the Rangers and Bruins stay where they are, and Detroit falls to 8th, all the Original 6 teams will face off at once for the first time ever (and I'm pretty sure just facing off in the same playoffs, too).

What about the 25 years of the Original Six in the first place? :therock:

Only 4 teams made the playoffs.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watching the Wild/Oilers game? I'm following on the NHL.com Ice Tracker. Looks like Oilers up 1-0 early. How is Minnesota's play so far?

Update: Make that 2-0 Edmonton. Backtstrom allowed 2 Goals on 3 Shots. Ouch.

Anyone watching the Wild/Oilers game? I'm following on the NHL.com Ice Tracker. Looks like Oilers up 1-0 early. How is Minnesota's play so far?

I bet McCarthy is, right now, chewing his fingernails at the prayer that the Oilers hold on to the lead.

islanders have mailed it since clinching a playoff spot. they must really want to play pittsburgh which is almost guarenteed an elimination for the isles, but if they go in playing like they have the last few games, the isles will be in and out and done before it even started, they easily could be swept by the pens with the way they been playing. they played liek crap against car, they played like even worse crap against phi, and tonight against buf, theyre playing like its february again. this team is in extreme danger come game 1 vs pit if they done turn it on.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I bet McCarthy is, right now, chewing his fingernails at the prayer that the Oilers hold on to the lead.

Well he may feel better now. 3-0 Edmonton. Then again three goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey. Looking as though it may come down to tomorrow night and maybe Detroit and Columbus will get in, because the way Minnesota seems to be playing it's not looking good. A Minnesota loss in any fashion will assure the Sharks no worse than the 6th seed.

Well he may feel better now. 3-0 Edmonton. Then again, a three goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey. Looking as though it may come down to tomorrow night and maybe Detroit and Columbus will get in, because the way Minnesota seems to be playing it's not looking good. A Minnesota loss in any fashion will assure the Sharks no worse than the 6th seed.

I always thought that in both soccer and hockey, the most dangerous lead is two goals, because when you allow the first goal, all the momentum (and crowd energy if you're playing on the road) goes to the other team, and all they have to do is score one more goal for the "Broken Axle" to happen.

Well he may feel better now. 3-0 Edmonton. Then again, a three goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey. Looking as though it may come down to tomorrow night and maybe Detroit and Columbus will get in, because the way Minnesota seems to be playing it's not looking good. A Minnesota loss in any fashion will assure the Sharks no worse than the 6th seed.

I always thought in both soccer and hockey, the most dangerous lead is two goals, because when you allow the first goal, all the momentum (and crowd energy if you're playing on the road) goes to the other team, and all they have to do is score one more goal for the "Broken Axle" to happen.

Well, for me it's really just a saying. I've also heard the two goal lead as well. In my opinion a one goal lead is the most dangerous because the other team needs only one goal to tie the game. I would say that the reason three goals is because if a team is up by three goals, they make relax a little and then the other team picks up their game and scores one, then feed off the momentum and get another quick one, all of a sudden it's a one goal game. Obviously the same could be said for the two goal lead, but maybe the team in the lead doesn't relax as much.

nhl.com says like "the playoff math is easy for the Wild: win and they're in." Above that is the score ticker that says the Oilers are up 5-0. Guess the math isn't so easy, wocka wocka

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived