The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who does not think the Wild can tank these last two games has not been watching.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The one night the Islanders lose in regulation all month's the night the Rangers and Senators both win, sending the Isles into the PENGUINS DEATH ZONE <_<

Hopefully the Isles can take care of business with the Sabres tomorrow and then the Rangers lose to the Devils or something

I'm fairly certain the road to the cup leads through Pittsburgh anyways.

LOL, just got a personal response from @LAKings

Was it an apology to your fanbase for the Kings' s#itty play at the Joe?

cmN1epD.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Sharks will probably play ice a B/C team Saturday in LA. Personally, I don't want LA or STL in the first round. I'd rather get Vancouver or even Anaheim before those two.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Blues can have that last game with the Hawks if they really want it. Last thing we need is everyone getting run by some idiot who looks like the Villainous Big Man On Campus from a bad high school movie.

david_backes_st_louis.jpg

"D'AWW GEEZ I'VE BEEN FOILED AGAIN BY NEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDSSS!!!!!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sharks will probably play ice a B/C team Saturday in LA. Personally, I don't want LA or STL in the first round. I'd rather get Vancouver or even Anaheim before those two.

I'm not sure how I feel against any of the potential first round playoff opponents. But here's the Sharks record this season vs the four teams the Sharks could face:

Vancouver (Sharks 3-0-0) Two in Regulation and one in a Shootout

St. Louis (1-1-1). One Regulation Win. One Regulation loss, and one OT loss.

LA Kings (2-1-0)* Won one game in Regulation, one in Shootout. The loss was in Regulation. Game 48: @ LAK Saturday.

Anaheim (2-2) Lost both games in Regulation and won one in a shootout and one in regulation.

While I know St. Louis is the worst, matchup wise for the Sharks, I think it might be good to play them. The Sharks will be fuming to avenge last season's series loss. Also Joe Thornton gets angry, his game elevates for some reason. Then again Ken Hitchcock seems to have the Sharks number. When he was behind the bench in Dallas the Sharks had a tough time beating the Stars. Also don't the Blues have the best or second-best all time wins at the Shark Tank?

But if St. Louis wins of Saturday, Sharks and Kings cannot face each other in the first round and the winner of Sharks/Kings game gets 5th and the loser 6th.

I'm not sure how I feel against any of the potential first round playoff opponents. But here's the Sharks record this season vs the four teams the Sharks could face:

LA Kings (2-1-0)* Won one game in Regulation, one in Shootout. The loss was in Regulation. Game 48: @ LAK Saturday.

Anaheim (2-2) Lost both games in Regulation and won one in a shootout and one in regulation.

While I know St. Louis is the worst, matchup wise for the Sharks, I think it might be good to play them. The Sharks will be fuming to avenge last season's series loss. Also Joe Thornton gets angry, his game elevates for some reason. Then again Ken Hitchcock seems to have the Sharks number. When he was behind the bench in Dallas the Sharks had a tough time beating the Stars. Also don't the Blues have the best or second-best all time wins at the Shark Tank?

But if St. Louis wins of Saturday, Sharks and Kings cannot face each other in the first round and the winner of Sharks/Kings game gets 5th and the loser 6th.

The Sharks didn't look terrible against the Blues this year, but still only won 1 of 3. In a way, the Blues remind me of LA from last year, like they have a strong defense and good(albeit inconsistent) goaltending. They are flying under the radar also like the Kings did last year. They're the type that could win the West or flame out in the first. LA has been the better team against us this year IMO despite SJ winning 2 of 3. One of the wins was a shootout and the other was because Quick sucked and an instigator penalty by them aided the Sharks big time. Yes, the Sharks did sweep the Canucks and are the more favorable matchup, but I believe that they will be more healthier with Kesler back. Either way that's a big tossup series to me. Anaheim is pretty good, though not #2 seed good. The Sharks took 3 of 5 from them, and the last 2 victories against them set up the great Sharks stretch run. Its kinda funny, they are 12-4-1 in their last 17 and the losses came against Phoenix, CBJx2, and DALx2, so they are perfect against teams in the playoff picture right now in that span. The moves to get rid of Murray and Handzus(their worst Dman and worst forward) freed up playing time for players like Galiardi and Irwin, who have been pleasant surprises this year for the team. All I know is that I can't wait till Tuesday.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

P4WrPVC.png

Oh, Kaner.

0dcee5a65b1377c676f7f19453c18efe.jpeg

I'd say this is better than Kane's usual "Back of the Cab" fare.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

LOL, just got a personal response from @LAKings

Was it an apology to your fanbase for the Kings' s#itty play at the Joe?

cmN1epD.png

This was not unprovoked. After the CBJ win the Kings tweeted "#Lumbus lives on" which annoyed me because they did everything they could this week to try to make sure that didn't happen. Also, I'm starting to find that nickname a little condescending, especially coming from them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Everyone in the loop by now knows that the LA Kings Twitter account is run by a bunch of condescending pricks. For a team that only has one championship in 46 years in the league, they sure act like they're entitled to talk smack.

Which is why it's amusing when the Wings or Devils Twitter feeds have put them in their place before.

spacer.png

I feel like this whole "the Columbus Blue Jackets might, in utter spite of themselves, make the playoffs" thing is being hijacked by the LA Kings Twitter Account. Enough of them already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never thought I'd see the day a Sharks fan says that he would be afraid of his team facing the Kings in the postseason. Normally, it's the other way around; I still have nightmares of San Jose's four-goal comeback and the Joe Thornton series-winner.

But here's the Sharks record this season vs the four teams the Sharks could face:

Ugh. :censored: ing Sharks...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I never thought I'd see the day a Sharks fan says that he would be afraid of his team facing the Kings in the postseason. Normally, it's the other way around; I still have nightmares of San Jose's four-goal comeback and the Joe Thornton series-winner.

If you believe in trends at all, you should be hoping and praying the Kings and Sharks meet, with San Jose holding home ice.

2010: 1st round vs. Vancouver, lost in six

2011: 1st round vs. San Jose, lost in six

2012: 1st round vs. Vancouver, won in five, won Stanley Cup

spacer.png

Which is why it's amusing when the Wings or Devils Twitter feeds have put them in their place before.

Don't forget the Romo/Modano chirp by Dallas.

------------------------------------------------------------

If the Rangers and Bruins stay where they are, and Detroit falls to 8th, all the Original 6 teams will face off at once for the first time ever (and I'm pretty sure just facing off in the same playoffs, too).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If the Rangers and Bruins stay where they are, and Detroit falls to 8th, all the Original 6 teams will face off at once for the first time ever (and I'm pretty sure just facing off in the same playoffs, too).

What about the 25 years of the Original Six in the first place? :therock:

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived