RHI2

puckcool22

I really wish there would be another RHI that worked. The hockey itself was awesome, it was just a poorley run league. If the league came back, these are the markets I would choose, and these are the uniforms I would give them. I worked hard on these, and I would appreciate your comments. And yes, I did once do something like this before, but I used better markets this time and I have improved a great deal since then. copy and paste all links, since there are too many to remote link. Also if this were real, the logos would of course be slightly different because most of them are copyrighted and not mine.

Boston Shipmen- Pays tribute to Boston's port city heritage, I use Gordie's ship logo.

Philadelphia Pharohs- I used this in my fantasy roller hockey league a year ago. I think Pharohs would be a good sports team name, the logo is modified clipart.

Las Vegas Spiders- This was also used a year ago. The logo is the Richmond Spider's logo. I think the name spider's should be used more because they strike fear into most people.

Los Angleles Lions- The logo I found on Brands of the World. I think roller hockey would definitely work in LA because of the weather, and they used to have beach hockey there I believe.

Florida Phoenix- Like LA, roller hockey would work here because of the weather, meaning the fans, especially the youth, could play street hockey outdoors whenever they want. The logo is from brands of the world.

Detroit Werewolves- This jersey was inspired after watching underworld. Hockeytown would have to get a team. Logo is clipart.

Denver Diggers- The name is from gold in the rocky mountains. I made this logo by myself.

Dallas Warlocks- I wanted a sorcerer/wizard type named team, so I chose warlocks. Logos are clipart.

Chicago Power- Originally I wanted to find a very muscular Atlas (greek Mythology) holding the world on his shoulders. I couldnt find that, so I chose a horse to represent power. The logo is the ferrari logo from brands of the world.

New York Generals- I actually showed this jersey a few days ago. Rather than use acient roman or american revolution generals, I wanted a world war I/II theme. Thats why the main color is that dark green. The logo is Discrimihaters.

Honolulu Hawaiins- I really like this identity, though the logo is very simple.

Enjoy, please comment.

signature.gif

Most are an improvement over the real RHI--but there are 2 or 3 that would ahve fit right in--especially Philly...

I wonder if we'll ever know the real reason that Roller Hockey brought out the wierd, bizarre, tacky, etc in uniform designers...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I dunno, I liked some of the RHI designs. Some were just plain bizarre, mind you, but there were some decent designs. The Montreal Roadrunners logo was a masterpiece, for example.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Fantastic job puckcool22 - these are great! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

anything to say about these though

Well, since you insisted...

I'm just not feeling any of them. I don't say this to be mean, but I've not really been a fan of most of your designs. You and I just think differently, it seems.

And.. Pro Beach?! Ack, wrong wong, yuck. WRHL was an interesting introduction to pro roller, since I'd just started playing roller at about that time. StL Vipers games were a lot of fun to go to, and 94-96 were the heyday of RHI. After that, things got weird.

POTD 2013-08-22

I like most of the designs. Esspecially boston. But would roller hockey wear a full hockey jersey? I'm not too familiar with the RHI and I think I only saw one or two pro beach games on tv. To me I'd see more a Lax type uniform. Like I said, perhaps they wore that before but dang...that'd be hot!

The RHI teams wore full jerseys, but they were mostly lighter-weight mesh. They also wore the roller hockey pants instead of breezers/socks.

anchik97.jpg

POTD 2013-08-22

lookin at all of em, advance apology for being biased but the Generals IMO is the best one, for obvious reasons ^_^

lookin back at RHI and PBH, a couple things:

1) i wanted some of those skates PBH players had. anyone know if they're still around (the skates, i mean)

2) i want a Dawg Pac jersey :hockeysmiley:

3) they're madder than a herd of buffalo...what'dya boys do, anyway?

We were singing....We Belong Together

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nice work on the Pharoahs, working in that Frankford (Red, Navy, Vegas Gold) color scheme. However, if any team deserves to be called the Phoenix, shouldn't it be the Arizona Phoenix, hmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The Hawaiian islands themselves don't make for a very good logo.

Sorry, I'm not feeling any of these either. I think most of the names are a little silly, so there's not much you could have done with them. A team called the Dallas Warlocks is probably doomed to have a bad logo and uniform.

The Boston Shipmen one is pretty good, though.

Archived