Lycan38's MLB - Rockies Added

Lycan38

• 3 months later...

*bump*

Haven't forgotten about this. Was watching the All Star Game and it got me in the mood to do more concepts. So, here is the latest.

Anaheim Angels

ANA-Angels.png

First thing is I've changed the name back to the Anaheim Angels. Really dislike the whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim name they currently have. As for the design, there really isn't much to say brought back the design from 1993 - 1996.

First, use the home/road cap for all 4 jerseys.

Second, use blue belt, blue piping, red socks for all 4 jerseys.

Third, the red jersey they have now is terrible, so you should steer clear of that. To do that, take your blue jersey and swap the red and blue throughout.

In my head, those changes would look pretty good.

spacer.png

Like the update, some small changes though.

I would change the names and numbers on the home and away to red so there is continuity between the front and the back. Plus the old California Angels used red font and numbers.

For legibility's (legibilities?) sake I would change the NOB on the red jersey to a different colour (white?). I know NOB isn't a priority in baseball but it's like the Calgary Flames. The original red jersey from 2004 had black NOB on red and it was changed to white because it was hard to read, I could see that happening with blue on red.

Bonus points for the Anaheim Angels name though :D

IbjBaeE.png

• 1 year later...

Wow, its been a long time since I've posted a baseball concept. Main reason for that is I find baseball to be a tough sport to design for but I've decided to do another.

Tampa Bay Rays

TBRays.png

Haven't much to say on this, took inspiration from the teams past for the design.

Alright, had some time and took a look at some concepts that I hadn't finished. Decided to finish one.

Chicago Cubs

CHICubs.png

For this concept I took designs from their past that I liked, and made them the basis the set. Color wise I decided to go with a darker blue.

I like the idea of a slightly darker blue. The Cubs currently use a color that is too similar to what the Dodgers and Royals wear. I really liked the way their caps looked before they were updated two years ago. It was slightly darker than royal but far from navy. Compare the color on the left (new) to the one on the right (old). If they would use the older shade for all their stuff that would be terrific. It would distinguish them for the other MLB clubs which use a lighter than navy blue.

unnamed_zps1559da22.jpg

Archived