Interesting ad run by the toronto blue jays

Nate15

Just curious- what does everyone think of the ad that the Blue Jays ran for opening day?

I, personally think it shows no class to promote something like that.  Instead of being negative toward other teams, how about boosting your own team?  Instead of "Boo Matsui", why not "Come cheer Delgado"?

Not to mention the bird droppings on the Yankee hat, arguably the most historical and symbolic symbol in professional sports.

I don't like it, but I'm also a Yankee fan.  What do you guys all think of it?

Not to mention the bird droppings on the Yankee hat, arguably the most historical and symbolic symbol in professional sports.

Feh.  The Habs might have them beat on that. ;)

Anyway, it was a weird ad, for sure.  Wonder if they plan (or were planning; given the reaction, probably not wise) to run similar ads against other teams.  The Blue Jay is a bird mascot, after all, so it -kindof- makes sense, but not a good idea at all on their part.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Notwithstanding my undying allegience to the Cardinals, I like the Yankees.  That being said, I think the ad is quite funny.  It's juvenile, yes, but then again, baseball is full of players, owners and union reps who act like children 24/7 so why not have some childish fun as well?

All I can say is to grow up, there's nothing insulting with that ad, it's supposed to be fun, it's supposed to make you laugh.   And with Torre saying it's inappropriate to show an ad like that in 'these times', that is just pathetic.  What? We can't have fun period?  

God forbid someone has fun with the Yankees.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I agree, CC97. Although some may consider the ad tasteless, and I can respect that, they need to lighten up. Honestly, it's a game, and they're trying to generate interest.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

couldent agree more.   What do the yankees expect, the rest of the baseball world to sit in admiration as they swoop up anyone they want.

the ad is daring, and hilarious. the copywriter should win an award for putting spice into a famously bland marketing industry (in which i mean baseball)

of course us folk in MN could care less what the yank-offs do, we will win with our homebodys.

It is Bush League, but its nothing for the Yankees to get upset about they should just laugh it off, becuase it make teh Blue Jays look bad not the Yankees.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived