Is this logo a ripoff?

dsaline97

It's way too busy. It looks more like a drawing than a logo. I can't see your school putting that on a football helmet, on a basketball court, a baseball hat or anything like that.

Is it a ripoff though? A lot of other high schools, college and pro teams have some sort of a wildlife cat for a mascot, so of course there may be similarities to some other logos out there. However, I can't think of another team that has anything that looks 100 percent like what your school does. It's different enough to be distinguishable from all the other teams out there. You could argue that the artist took ideas from other cat logos and built off of them to create this logo though.

404688_393047327432871_342539435_n.jpg

Actually, that is the logo that we have on our court, basketball jerseys, football helmet, baseball hat... While I think its nice looking, I don't think its a very good sports logo, and should be used for academics. I would much rather have a lions head as a sports logo. More fierce, and looks better on uniforms than an L.

spacer.png

That's an institutional logo.

I'm helping my high school with a branding review. Our institutional identity is a patchwork created from about 15 to 20 years of logo history, and it looks dated. I know that, like a college, my high school needs to be able to separate academic/institutional logos (we're a Catholic school, so admissions/fundraising is important) from its athletic package.

404688_393047327432871_342539435_n.jpg

Actually, that is the logo that we have on our court, basketball jerseys, football helmet, baseball hat... While I think its nice looking, I don't think its a very good sports logo, and should be used for academics. I would much rather have a lions head as a sports logo. More fierce, and looks better on uniforms than an L.

Personally, I'm getting a school letterhead vibe out of the logo.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Wow, this is interesting. I graduated from this high school in 2009. Clarification, the image in the original post is not the logo, but a mural on the gym wall. I guess I've seen it used in some logo-like capacities, but it was originally a senior class gift from the year before mine. The second one is the athletic logo, but they started using that one after my time there in the last couple of years.

Anyways, I think a good lion or lion head logo would be great for the school. There's one they used before that was pretty bad. No idea if they'd be open to anything, but it'll be cool to see if you come up with anything.

Archived