WWE's WrestleMania football jersey

Chawls

Anyone else tired of NY/NJ being used? Being from NJ I used to always hate it. Either call them NJ or just go with NY.

It will be interesting to see what they do for the Super Bowl next year...obviously they are going to play up NY, but I wonder if they will even mention that the game is in NJ.

70389454.png

Anyone else tired of NY/NJ being used? Being from NJ I used to always hate it. Either call them NJ or just go with NY

It's because of the weekend of events. The Axxess events are being held at the Izod Center in NJ and the HOF ceremony at MSG in NY. So that's probably the reasoning behind that.

bufg.png

Anyone else tired of NY/NJ being used? Being from NJ I used to always hate it. Either call them NJ or just go with NY

It's because of the weekend of events. The Axxess events are being held at the Izod Center in NJ and the HOF ceremony at MSG in NY. So that's probably the reasoning behind that.

An event with NY will sell better to a wider audience than an event from NJ. Technically, the event is in NJ and they can't lie about that. So they added both cities to maintain it's sell-ability. There's a few things happening in NY anyways.

Plus, the stage has the NY Skyline, an Empire State Building, and a Statue of Liberty in the set....even though the stadium is closer to Devils town.

An event with NY will sell better to a wider audience than an event from NJ. Technically, the event is in NJ and they can't lie about that. So they added both cities to maintain it's sell-ability. There's a few things happening in NY anyways.

Not to derail into Super Bowl talk, but I wonder if the NFL will "lie" and surround everything around NYC, even though the event will be held in East Rutherford, NJ. Can't remember if there are any Super Bowl related events actually taking place in NYC or not.

I grew up in NJ, so I am quite used to the "NY (even though we play in NJ)" thing.

70389454.png

Not to derail into Super Bowl talk, but I wonder if the NFL will "lie" and surround everything around NYC, even though the event will be held in East Rutherford, NJ. Can't remember if there are any Super Bowl related events actually taking place in NYC or not.

I grew up in NJ, so I am quite used to the "NY (even though we play in NJ)" thing.

All the Super Bowl events (although there aren't as many as there have been in the past - I heard they scrapped the "Experience" for 2014) will be in midtown.

However, the Super Bowl will absolutly be NY/NJ, just as the host committee has promoted. There's no other way to do it. The stadium is technically in NJ even though it wouldnt exist if it wasn't a mile away from NYC. But its in NJ, NJ is fronting a lot of cash for police and things like that, making sure the roads and rails are all working, and they will get little to no money from visitors during that week as they will all stay and play in NYC outside of going to the game itself. So NJ deserves its name on their as much as NY.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

^Parents that most likely dont care about aesthetics and just want their kid to have one for "memories." I have that old WM 21 baseball jersey and its ugly but it brings back the good old days.

Im far more interested in the stage design for WM than these ugly things. Thats what I look foward to, the logo and stage design. Last years stage was pretty weak compared to the last one they had in Miami. Hopefully they do something unique for this one.

Archived