Red Bull identity refinement

BrandMooreArt

this one's not 100% complete yet, but i can't wait any longer to push it out. plus with the X Games this weekend, it seems like appropriate timing. http://www.behance.n...inement/8258801

76525046.jpg

22263008.jpg

^ i know its a rugby template, i'm working on a legit soccer one

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

But the bull is orange!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

But the bull is orange!

First thing which came to my mind too.

i've had some issues with red when exporting files from PS. i'm seeing red, but something about my color isnt right. it's Pantone 1655, so it's not a usual red, i'm going for something a bit more orange, but i don't think others are seeing what i am. i might change everything to PNGs or TIFFs and see if that helps.

actually, does this look different for anyone else? i saved as different formats but both were converted to PNG when i uploaded, so not sure how its going to turn out (i see no difference, and they're both the red they should be)

PNG

24072055.png

TIFF

48523217.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

But the bull is orange!

i've had some issues with red when exporting files from PS. i'm seeing red, but something about my color isnt right. it's Pantone 1655, so it's not a usual red, i'm going for something a bit more orange, but i don't think others are seeing what i am. i might change everything to PNGs or TIFFs and see if that helps.

actually, does this look different for anyone else? i saved as different formats but both were converted to PNG when i uploaded, so not sure how its going to turn out (i see no difference, and they're both the red they should be)

PNG

24072055.png

Official Red Bull red

vVkUrj8.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1655 is what the Browns and Broncos use for example, so obviously its gonna come across as orange. I think Nash's example would be better IMO.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

yeah 1655 is orange, try 187 instead. The mark is much improved over what they currently have but the Bull comes across as too light in it's movement. It has a feel to it like a fox that has just jumped and is about to pounce on it's prey. Maybe by grounding the back legs it can come off as more of a charging bull than a jumping bull. just my 2 cents.

Watched this forming on Dribbble -- awesome stuff! I'm really digging how you worked the packaging design into the uniforms. Subtle, but the branding nerd in me loves that kind of continuity :P

Subtle!? There are huge, italic checkerboards on everything! :P

But the bull is orange!

PNG

24072055.png

TIFF

48523217.png

1655 is a legit orange. That's what we used for all the NFL teams who used orange. Maybe try Warm Red, 032, or 485 if you want that brighter, warmer look to your red. I think your work here is pretty clean, but personally, my favorite part of their current identity are the opposing bulls. Something about the one bull just doesn't feel right.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thanks Andrew, i will try one of those reds. and the one day im out of the office over here, you come strolling through, whats with that? :P

i guess i'll give a bit of insight to the thought process of having one bull. mostly, it comes down to simplification and application. i feel like the brand is big enough now to do what many others have done before, strip their logo down to the core elements (Apple, Nike, Starbucks). this being a single red bull. i have purposefully kept yellow to a minimum, because i like it as a trim color and i really like 3 color palettes. red, blue, and silver being the primaries here.

when thinking about how the logo is applied to products, liveries, uniforms, etc, i wanted something that could scale better, both large and small. i think this would work at any small scale but could be blown up huge on the side of a race car and not have any odd, imperfect details stick out.

the idea of a red bull in this hard edged style and charging forward, even upward like it's about to take flight (IT GIVES YOU WINGS!) is to capture the energy and excitement that all the sports they're involved with provide. F1, Motocross, surfing, BMX, sky diving from space, whatever. and also, to be literal with the product name. i had a few different word mark options that were really aggressive thinking "if im going to change it, i should just go all the way" but decided to keep that clean and have the new icon be the thing that leads the identity visually.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived