Another "Name That WHA Team" Poll

nitroseed

Just noticed that there's a poll up on the WHA site (which is severely out of date) about the nickname of the Dallas franchise. The five options are:

Dallas Demolition

Dallas Vision

Dallas Heroes

Dallas Americans

Dallas Eagles

Here's the link for anyone interested: Dallas WHA Poll

Personally... Demolition is the only one in the whole group that's even worth mentioning as a legitimate contender. The Dallas Vision??? Come on, is this the WHA or the WNBA? The other three are so generic, it's sad.

Dallas Ewings!

(Just kidding, and those of you under a certain age may not get the TV show reference--those of you old enough but smart enough not to watch it--or blessed enough to not have parents who did may miss it too! :D )

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Just noticed that there's a poll up on the WHA site (which is severely out of date) about the nickname of the Dallas franchise. The five options are:

Dallas Demolition

Dallas Vision

Dallas Heroes

Dallas Americans

Dallas Eagles

Here's the link for anyone interested: Dallas WHA Poll

Personally... Demolition is the only one in the whole group that's even worth mentioning as a legitimate contender. The Dallas Vision??? Come on, is this the WHA or the WNBA? The other three are so generic, it's sad.

Dallas Eagles? Great idea... name the team after one of the cities division rivals from another sport.

I voted for Heros... it was the "least bad" of all the choices.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

i personally like dallas demolition.

the rest are blah.

dallas eagles- they have a rival the philly eagles.

dallas heroes- too obvious.

dallas vision- nice name, if this was a womens hockey team.

dallas americans- texas already has the texans, like heroes, its too much of a neutra-sweet homily. plus the ny/brooklyn had the americans. it would be a nice name though if ny got a team. id like to see the brooklyn americans return. but rochester is fine with me.

you could always go with the Texas Tornado but their is already a junior league team called the Texas Tornado to begin with, and im pretty sure they would be pissed if Dallas of the WHA would take the name. Btw, a player i like Matt Nickerson played for the tornado and was drafted by dallas :cursing:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived