Milwaukee Brewers 1913 TBTC uniforms

Gothamite

This is already on the megathread, but since not everyone reads those, the Brewers will be wearing throwback uniforms on Sunday, commemorating the centennial of their minor league predecessors' first pennant.

I'm so excited - I pitched the idea of a 1913 throwback to the Brewers last year and then provided reference material during the design process. It's so cool to see it come together.

pMLB2-15797201_alternate1_dt.jpgpMLB2-15797201dt.jpg

For comparison, here's an original:

1913_jersey.jpg

More pics to come; I'll be attending the game.

Pretty cool that they're doing something like this. Of course, I'd like it much more if this wasn't one of a dozen different uniforms the Brewers will wear this year.

Are there any pics of the hats yet?

Yeah, I do think they're going a little overboard. That's what, eight different uniforms this year? But taken in isolation, I think this one is cool.

No pics of the caps yet. I have an article being published on Uni Watch tomorrow that will detail this a little more.

Very cool... the story and the uni. I always like one-off throwback days. Those don't bother me as much as having 5 or 7 regular alts in rotation. And even those don't bother me as much as random one offs like Antarctican nights. (But I rather like the gold/tan alt that spawned from one.)

Unfortunately, the Cardinals will attempt to ruin the promotion by wearing 1913 inspired uniforms rather than the real deal. We haven't seen the unis, but here's the cap:

stl-1913-not.jpg

But here's the real uniforms:

sports120.jpg

nl_1913_stlouis.gif

I'm guessing they're going to sell the hats and know no one will buy a plain gray hat with a red bill and no logo.

I'm guessing they're going to sell the hats and know no one will buy a plain gray hat with a red bill and no logo.

http://shop.mlb.com/...ductId=12752034

I'm assuming the sales of those were horrible, which is my point.

I was going to say the same thing about the all navy hats the Giants wore vs the Cubs in a throwback game last year. You can find those in droves at the local hat stores. I'm not even a Cards fan but I really like that hat.

SEAsig.png

I think that Cardinals hat is awesome. Even if it's not historically accurate.

And I still think the Brewers throwbacks look like something that the University of Michigan baseball team would be throwing back to.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived