Political Party logos - Canada

Magnus

I like the Bloc and PQ logos, though I don't know it something like that would work. I think synchronizing the branding of the two parties may go a bit to far for members of both. While they have very similar goals the two prefer to keep out of each others' business.

Your NDP links are broken though.

ndpwordmark_zpsc195164e.png

70e481f3-51f7-43b6-aa9b-278c9d33841f_zpsd507eae1.jpg

Your NDP logos are somewhat reminiscent of Nickelodeon's. For the BQ/PQ ones, I'll echo Ice Cap's sentiment about syncronizing their brands. However, looking at each on their own, I don't mind them. The fleur-de-lis are off-centre a bit, and I'd make the tail of the "Q" a tad shorter.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree with Bubba, the tail of the Q could be a lot shorter, especially on the BQ, and the NDP reminds me of Pizza Pizza a bit instead

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I do see the comparison to Pizza Pizza, but perhaps they could be a supporter of the NDP, as long as they support unions. Lord knows most large corporations are in the hands of the Conservatives and the Liberals...

comparison_zps0a3eb07f.png?t=1369147235

New Democratic Pizza, anyone? Guaranteed fresh, unlike the other two parties...

Updates:

PQ

Bloc

The updated BQ/PQ logos are improvements. However, I would like to see a different concept made for one of them to separate (hahaha) their brands.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You guys need more animals in Canada. In AMURIKA we gots elephants and donkeys and 5h|t.

:flagusa::unclesam::flagusa::unclesam:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well, the French equivalent animal would be a frog. I don't think that would go over well in Quebec, as it's a slur.

12_zps262292e6.png?t=1369249185

Anyway, I tried to make the PQ logos seen here more "bloc"y, if you get my drift.

You just need to find an animal said to have the qualities you wish to embody.

Don't forget the Progressive Party, known as the Bull Moose Party, as strong a political symbol as we have had. It was so nicknamed when its head, Teddy Roosevelt, was shot in the chest in an assassination attempt at a political rally. Wounded and bleeding, he finished his speech, adding "it takes more than that to kill a bull moose."

I believe the caribou would qualify as a Canadian symbol - as would the polar bear. We already have both on our coinage.

However, I don't think we necessarily need them as imagery for our political parties. Bulls (for BS), pigs (Canadian Senate) and donkeys (jackasses) would be appropriate animals for our individual politicians...

Edit: I also think the (Canadian) snowy owl would make for a good political logo, considering that owls are often considered to be wise creatures.

snowy-owl.jpg

Quick mockup:

ndp-snowyowl_zps191271b5.png?t=1369276669

You just need to find an animal said to have the qualities you wish to embody.

Don't forget the Progressive Party, known as the Bull Moose Party, as strong a political symbol as we have had. It was so nicknamed when its head, Teddy Roosevelt, was shot in the chest in an assassination attempt at a political rally. Wounded and bleeding, he finished his speech, adding "it takes more than that to kill a bull moose."

-moderately off topic, but...-

Love the Bull Moose Party. Teddy Roosevelt is probably one of my favorite presidents - larger than life man who lived up to his larger than life reputation. And that story is perhaps my favorite of his. When he was shot, the bullet went through a folded paper copy of his speech and a metal eye-glass case before penetrating him, so it slowed down significantly. And the first thing Roosevelt did when he was shot was stick his finger in his mouth - he knew if there was blood, that meant the bullet had punctured his lung. His finger was clean with no blood, so he knew it was just a fleshwound and the only concern was bleeding out. That's why despite his aides begging him to stop the speech and go to the hospital, he continued speaking for another hour and a half.

True bad*** right there.

galaxy.png

Ah, hell - I might as well post the Canadian Government Hockey League sweaters while I'm here...

government%20of%20canada%20hockey%20league.PNG

During the winter break in the Commons, 23 members of each party (or candidates for office if the party does not have enough elected members) take to the ice for an exhibition tournament featuring your elected federal representatives.

The tournament would be held at the Ottawa Civic Centre and/or Scotiabank Place (with scheduling permission negotiated with the 67s/Sens), and would see each team play a 4-team round-robin, with the top 3 teams moving to the medal round.

5 teams x 4 games / 2 teams per game = 10 round-robin matches

One gold medal qualifier game between #2 and #3 (the loser is awarded bronze medals at the gold medal game)

One gold medal game (medals handed out)

CANADIAN%20GOVERNMENT%20HOCKEY%20TOURNAMENT.PNG

A total of 12 games, played over a span of 1 or 2 weeks, would entertain hockey fans and politics followers, while giving some of our portly politicians a chance for some exercise.

All proceeds from the game tickets would go to registered charities in the Ottawa area and/or a federal government fund for minor hockey development.

Played around with different shades of green. I really didn't want to get too dark, as it would be close to the Green Party, and that just wouldn't sit well with me, the same way the earlier branding between the Quebec parties and NDP were similar in shape.

Here's what I experimented with:

differentgreencolours_zps70ada940.png?t=1369409082

Here's what I ended up liking, because I felt it still provided contrast from the Green Party's shade of green:

ndporangeoutline_zps6b1fc79e.png?t=1369409182

For contrast:ndpgreencontrast_zps3dbd0897.png?t=1369409469

Archived