MLB Latin Jersey Concepts

mattr1198

The latin jerseys have only been used by the Brewers and the Giants, but here are two personally created for the Pirates (Piratas) and Orioles (Los Orioles). I'll be posting more soon.

Pirates

pirateslatinjersey.jpg

Orioles

orioleslatino.jpg

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Wouldn't the Cardinals be "Los Cardenales"?

Also, a number of teams have used Spanish language jerseys. Off to the top of my head, I can remember the A's, Brewers, Diamondbacks, Giants, Mariners, Marlins, Mets, and Pirates have used these jerseys. There might be others I'm forgetting... and many of the above could have been improved ("Los D-Backs?" Seriously?)

Also, it would be silly to do it for the Padres (which is already in Spanish) and the Angels (since they would be [and play in] Los Angeles).

Folks, if we're gonna point out the REAL Spanish names for ALL of these, then we'll be here for months....

If you're going to do a "Latin American Heritage" jersey, then do it right (like the Brewers), don't be lazy (like the Diamondbacks).

Or you could just let him do HIS concepts the way he wants.

Besides, some Latin names are too long to fit on a jersey.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Folks, if we're gonna point out the REAL Spanish names for ALL of these, then we'll be here for months....

If you're going to do a "Latin American Heritage" jersey, then do it right (like the Brewers), don't be lazy (like the Diamondbacks).

Or you could just let him do HIS concepts the way he wants.

Besides, some Latin names are too long to fit on a jersey.

No one is stopping him from doing that. But it would be rather silly to post on a forum if you did not expect/want feedback.

I think you should make it more like the NBA latin jerseys and just add "los", "la", or "el" before the real nickname.

The NBA does it wrong, except for the Knicks, Lakers, and heat. I like it to be more "authentic"

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

I think you should make it more like the NBA latin jerseys and just add "los", "la", or "el" before the real nickname.

Personally, I've always thought that to be condescending at best, borderline racist at worst. So the accurate translation route is better IMO.

Not to sidetrack this, but "The Heat" in spanish would be "El Caliente."

Actually, it'd be "El Calor."

"El Caliente" would mean they were the Hot, not the Heat. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived