Cleveland Browns Logo Concept

njdawg2000

Let me state that I have been a lurker on this site for approx. 2 years and just want to say some of you are fantastic artists. This website is so addictive and makes you look at logos/ graphic art in a whole ne light.

Let me start off by stating that I am a long suffering Browns fan. Although I am a fan of the logoless helmet I believe that the Browns should have a logo that the Team/Fans can identify with.

The first problem to tackle is the Browns name and what kind of symblol to come up with to identify with a team named after a human being. Its almost impossible.

Second is to possibly update a logo from the past.

The Brownie Elf- Although I think it is great for retro merchendise it is just not somthing that fans or/ young fans can identify with.

The Dawg Logo- I think its a good logo but not for the team but the Dawg Pound.

The -B- Logo- Hated by most Browns fans as it was some gimick thought up but Carmen Policy and NFL Exects.

That leaves one logo that the Browns had that was never used. The CB Art Modell came up with in 1965. i think it is a great Idea but it was never used.

The idea is great I just did not like the font that was used. Instead I went with a sleeker more simplified CB. Instead of joining the CB at the bottom of the c to the top of the B. I connected the bottom of the C with the middle portion of the B. I think the flow looks much better.

I thought the CB looked plain by itself so I decided it had to be put in somthing. I looked to other teams for some insparation,

The Jets- Football

The 49ers- Oval

the raiders- Shield

I also looked at the city of Cleveland itself and was going to use the shield from the City Flag but it resembled the NFL Shield too much.

I decided a simplified shield would be the vessel for the CB. Somthing tha would look good on apparel and television.

So here is my final product.

C and C appriciated.

theone.pngtheone2.png

Edited for new photo hosting was having trouble. Also added home Uniforms.

Home

Home.png

Home2.png

Is there some ways we can change the Browns name too, to something other than Browns?

I kinda want to change the 49ers and Bills names too

Yes, but it involves a psychic medium, a group of British monks, and the ghosts of Paul Brown, Otto Graham, and Art Model.

About the concept: the logo's pretty decent, as others have said, maybe get rid of the drop shadow and thicken up the letters a bit. The jerseys would be great with a touch more orange. Orange pants would definitely work too. I'm a sucker for the Browns in orange pants.

Hello all,

I did an update on the logo and I think it tightened up nicely.

I removed the drop shadow. And shrunk the orange center and white outline. I think it tightens up the logo, less negative space and balances out the colors better.

As far as the uniforms. I added an orange outline to thge numbers and added orange to the collar.

I like the stripes but i hate how the stripes look on the new style of jerseys. i amd working on a home alternate with orange pants and away uniforms.

The Cleveland Browns are one team that, if you're not familiar with football, you'd think with a team named the Browns, they'd have a brown helmet. But no..they have an orange helmet. Let alone no logo, which in reality, they don't need one. Because in graphic design less is more, and with the Browns it fits them fine IMHO. But then when you think of merchandise/marketing, they really could use a good secondary logo. Everyone thinks of one but one logo nevers gets chosen for this franchise. They still use either the CB, the Brownie elf, or the B superimposed on a football.

Archived