Spurs NBA Finals Jerseys

sportsfan0518

It's a shame that the NBA got away from the Larry O'Brien trophy patch.

I've been surprised that the Spurs have used the gray uniforms so deep into the playoffs. Are they considered a third jersey, or do they use them as some kind of special promotion? The Heat did the all-whites in the first round, and I've been glad to see those disappear.

PJU85JF.png

This is from projectspurts.com, but here it is!

I've never been a huge fan of this patch, and I have not liked it on black either. Maybe it would look good if the Spurs decide to wear their grays at home. What do you guys think?

maie0m.jpg

Can't people take a decent photograph without Instagramming filtering them to make them?

Go A's!

The vertical nature of the O'Brien Trophy helps to minimize the awkwardness of utilizing the thin vertical NBA logo in each of these designs, but its still not perfect. The NBA logo seems to work nicely on its own but when you try to ram it into a Finals logo it sticks out and looks awful. I don't have problems when other leagues jam their league logos into their championship logos. It seems to work for the World Series when they use the MLB logo in the design because it generally lends itself to the horizontal compositions and they tend to recolor it to match the other colors of the logo. The NFL isn't perfect with their new Super Bowl logo but at least the NFL emblem is more hidden because it is on the Lombardi trophy in silver/grey. The NBA seriously needs to rethink their design, because it just doesn't work.

It's a shame that the NBA got away from the Larry O'Brien trophy patch.

It is a shame. I have always thought that this patch would grow on me, but it never really has.

Can't people take a decent photograph without Instagramming filtering them to make them?

Only decent image I could find. Once the Finals starts in the next couple days theres gonna be no more Instagramming and all that mumbo jumbo.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived