2013 NBA Draft

Gary

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MEAN GREEN!!!!

It's so rare for me to see someone from my alma mater get picked in the NBA Draft...Tony Mitchell might end up being a bust, but I still feel some North Texas pride.

Joe Dumars. Doing favors for everyone but Pistons fans since 2005.

1. Announcing trades after the picks are made is so dumb.

2. is "Carter-Williams" the longest name that will have to be stitched on to the back of a basketball jersey?

No. Martynas Andriuskevicius played nine minutes for CLE in 05-06.

AuyQDbd.png

Yeesh.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Best part of Stern's final draft call tonight:

"With the 6th pick...the New Orleans Pelicans...yes, the New Orleans Pelicans...select Nerlens Noel..."

Had to reiterate to the audience in Brooklyn about a major professional sports franchise being named the Pelicans. Yes, believe it.

I really hope McCollum works well with Damian Lillard in Portland. Not sure if he'll stay, but Paul Allen said they coveted McCollum all along.

McCollum and Lillard do have a chance to be one of the best young backcourts in the NBA if McCollum develops right.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Not for nothing, but the Spurs might have opened the door for another league office hissy-fit by drafting Livio Jean-Charles. The French team Jean-Charles is currently on is owned by none other than Tony Parker. If they try to buy him out and bring him over early, I could see the NBA looking at those negotiations closely.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Sixers had some fun in that second round.

Their #42 (Jackson) was traded in the Noel deal. That was the boring one

Their #35 (Rice Jr) was traded to Washington for #38 (Wolters) and #54 (Kazemi)

Their #38 (Wolters) was traded minutes later to Milwaukee for #43 (Ledo) and Milwaukee's 2nd next year

Their #43 (Ledo) was traded minutes later to Dallas for Boston's 2nd next year

So they turned #35 into #54 and two 2nds in 2014, giving them five picks in next year's draft (and potentially two picks in the top 10 and four picks in the top 40)

Archived