From the jersey city newsletter

Puckguy14

Back in December I told you that the store, Jersey City unconfirmed uniform changes.  They are now confirming:

1. All white" jerseys will be worn as road jerseys, and "dark" jerseys worn at home games. This is to accommodate teams who would like to wear their alternate jerseys at home more often. (We didn't know this already)

2. Phoenix is introducing a brand new home and road jersey (I love them Picasso Coyote logo!)

3. Calgary Flames will be introducing a third jersey. The primary colour will be red.

4. Florida is changing their red and their navy jersey. The Navy will be the new home and the red will be the alternate. (This is new news!  Interesting why they'd go navy while the red seems more Floridian to me.)

Any other rumored changes are for now, rumors. We will let you know if something else gets confirmed.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Coyotes have one of the top 5 greatest jerseys out there.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

After reading this one, Roger, I have to ask you, seriously:  Are you on the marijuana?  

I say this, yes, as a Winnipegger, but the Coyote jerseys are FAR TOO BUSY, and ugly as all hell.  The current roads? As Nigel Tufnel would say, "It's like how much more black can you make it, and the answer is none...none more black."

And I'm not a fan of the homes either.  The colors are far too dark to be effective, the borders are too busy, and the logo still reminds me of the Boston all-star game logo, except if Picasso had drawn it after being hit in the head.

In summation, I disagree with you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I also miss the Jets, but I do find the Coyotes jerseys to be unique and not too busy.  The only busy thing about is that one multicolored art deco patterned stripe, which I think is a cool touch to the uniforms and fitting with the Southwest.  And it's kept only to that one stripe.  The Coyotes road jersey has less black than Washington and San Jose's black jersey.  The shoulders on the Coyotes uniforms are green, not black and the cuffs are red.

So what teams WON'T have a third jersey next season?  Hmmm....Anaheim, Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, New Jersey, Phoenix(?), Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Washington(?).  This brings the total of thirds up to 19...wow!

There were picture of a white jersey version of Ottawa's swoosh jersey floating around, as well as a blue version of Washington's road jersey.  Aside from seeing these jerseys, neither of them is confirmed.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

4. Florida is changing their red and their navy jersey. The Navy will be the new home and the red will be the alternate. (This is new news!  Interesting why they'd go navy while the red seems more Floridian to me.)

Go back and check the original post. In it I bet you'll find me predicting exactly that switch.

As I said before, ALL of their promotional materials this year were navy and yellow -- pocket schedules, souvenir cups, etc., etc.

It seemed very likely -- even back then -- that the jersey change mentioned in the column would simply be a flip of the red and blue roles (in addition to the league-wide home-road switch).

So this is not 'new' news to me. Or anyone who listened to my rants way back when. :)

Back in December I told you that the store, Jersey City unconfirmed uniform changes.  They are now confirming:

3. Calgary Flames will be introducing a third jersey. The primary colour will be red.

Actually, Jersey City is wrong on this one.  It's not the first time they've been wrong before, either.  I find them very speculative when "confirming" changes.

The Calgary Flames are changing their coloured jersey to one that is primarily red as it's main colour.  It will not be a third jersey.  The Flames will only have two jerseys next season from what I've been told.

As I'm listening to the Blue Jackets game on the radio, they are showing the third jersey at the arena.  All the play-by-play guys said is that it's dark and it symbolizes the themes of Blue Jackets hockey.

champssig2.png

The Calgary Flames are changing their coloured jersey to one that is primarily red as it's main colour.  It will not be a third jersey.  The Flames will only have two jerseys next season from what I've been told.

I've heard they'll be using a black "C" on a red sweater as their home.  That would be interesting.

I've heard they'll be using a black "C" on a red sweater as their home.  That would be interesting.

I have heard the same thing regarding the use of a black "flaming" C.  Personally, I hate the idea of a black flaming C.  Black is the colour that results when something has finished burning.  I prefer a white flaming C because it has the implication of "white-hot" for the logo...

And of course,

the elimination of the gradient Canucks,

and the addition of thirds in Montreal and Minnesota

and a dark vintage alternate in Toronto.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Apparently, other than the blue laced up collar, nothing else about the Jackets third is known, but it's supposed to be unveiled before the start of next season.

champssig2.png

Archived