The Beginning of the End

Waffles

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since the NBA doesn't have a franchise in Montreal I guess we'll never know if Kobe, Shaq, McGrady, LeBron, Iverson, Kidd, or anybody else would choose Montreal over Los Angeles.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It happened to Montreal, it can happen to anyone.

True but I think I speak for everybody when I say that Montreal isn't as desirable as Los Angeles is.

I beg to differ. L.A. is the armpit of America. Montreal is beautiful. My favorite vacation spot. I got there about 2-3 times a year.

and fans that never leave their team. (not including the expos)

How could you say such a thing and just leave out the Expos? Why don't they count?

because i can...simple as that. the expos don't count because of their history with terrible ownership and the ridiculous job the MLB is doing at running the organization.

how can you say half the plop you say and actually be serious about it?

Well since the NBA doesn't have a franchise in Montreal I guess we'll never know if Kobe, Shaq, McGrady, LeBron, Iverson, Kidd, or anybody else would choose Montreal over Los Angeles.

No, you don't get it. You say dynasties will survive because they are in a desirable city. You also said Montreal wasn't a desirable city. IT IS. FOR A HOCKEY TEAM. Montreal fell apart, and I showed that to you that ANY dynasty can fall apart in modern sports.

because i can...simple as that. the expos don't count because of their history with terrible ownership and the ridiculous job the MLB is doing at running the organization.

Well if you're going to pick and choose just because "you say so" then it's not going to be much of an argument.

I don't care if the Expos have crappy management, they still play on Montreal and they do have a fan base so they still count.

So I guess in the light of all of this you're will to bet that if you took a poll from athletes they would pick Montreal over Los Angeles?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

No, you don't get it. You say dynasties will survive because they are in a desirable city. You also said Montreal wasn't a desirable city. IT IS. FOR A HOCKEY TEAM. Montreal fell apart, and I showed that to you that ANY dynasty can fall apart in modern sports.

Are you saying Montreal will "never" come back?

Retired Number's To Come

Are you saying Montreal will "never" come back?

No, I'm saying it's not automatic.

Well I can't really speak for Montreal but in the world of basketball I know the Lakers will be back someday. Can you really tell me why they won't?

Retired Number's To Come

And all I'm saying is despite what you guy's say, Los Angeles is still a desirable place to many people. Many great coaches, directors, and personnel would love to work for the Los Angeles Lakers. It's a huge market and playing in such a big market has it's perks. It's just a matter of time before the Lakers put together yet another championship team.

Retired Number's To Come

The Lakers weren't good on accident, BS. Let's not forget, they don't have this Jerry West guy at GM anymore. Kupchak is not nearly the GM that Jerry West is and to be honest, LA is not the most desirable location for future NBA talent. Alot of players are coming in from overseas, generally, those players generally don't like the big city as much.

Jerry West made the Lakers consistent, it didn't magically happen because they're in LA. Take a look at the Clippers. Who wants to go out there and play for them just because they're in LA?

IUe6Hvh.png

The point is that it isn't inevitable. Yeah guys will want to play for the Lakers, but if being in LA is what it takes for a great sports team, explain the Clippers or the Dodgers or the Kings, or any NFL club who have moved to LA.

Yeah people want to work for the Lakers organisation, yeah they may very well be back, but it doesn't just happen because they are the Lakers. People wanna be involved with the Knicks, people wanna be involved with the Celtics, people wanna live in NY.

To move away from this debate, am I the only one who thinks Shaq might not actually want to leave the Lakers really, and is just looking for a bit of love from the front office- I reckon he will be back in Yellow and purple next year!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The point is that it isn't inevitable. Yeah guys will want to play for the Lakers, but if being in LA is what it takes for a great sports team, explain the Clippers or the Dodgers or the Kings, or any NFL club who have moved to LA.

Yeah people want to work for the Lakers organisation, yeah they may very well be back, but it doesn't just happen because they are the Lakers. People wanna be involved with the Knicks, people wanna be involved with the Celtics, people wanna live in NY.

To move away from this debate, am I the only one who thinks Shaq might not actually want to leave the Lakers really, and is just looking for a bit of love from the front office- I reckon he will be back in Yellow and purple next year!

He won't be if they have any plans of keeping Kobe around.

This gives Kobe a chance to either to show how great he is, or for his record to be tarnished. Jackson and Shaq are going cuz' Kobe wants them to... now it's up to him to prove he can win.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Lakers wil be back ..... back in Minneapolis :D

Oh please, we all know the Lakers are the most successful franchise in basketball history. Yeah they didn't have the run as the Celtics did in the 60's but since then they've been the most consistent. It also helps that Los Angeles is probably the most desirable place to live for a basketball star.

I know I'm just playin' on words here

I saw, I came, I left.

The Lakers wil be back ..... back in Minneapolis :D

Oh please, we all know the Lakers are the most successful franchise in basketball history. Yeah they didn't have the run as the Celtics did in the 60's but since then they've been the most consistent. It also helps that Los Angeles is probably the most desirable place to live for a basketball star.

I know I'm just playin' on words here

Thanks for admitting it! :D

Retired Number's To Come

I got bored... so I decided to see what it would look like if Isiah performed another miracle...

Shaq_Knicks.gif

Nice dream, ain't it? :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Try putting him in a Dallas uniform. I think that's more realistic!

Retired Number's To Come

Archived