Arena Bowl XVIII: Arizona vs. San Jose

nitroseed

Well, the kickoff is in about 30 minutes (4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT, NBC), and the AFL season is about to come to an end. Who do you guys think will win the Arena Bowl this year?

EDIT: Okay, I was wrong. The kickoff is in 7 days and 30 minutes! It's on the 27th, not today (the 20th). <_<

And for the purpose of discussion: what do you predict for the future of the AFL, given the facts that their popularity is on the rise, they have a solid CBA with the players through 2010, they have great ticket sales and good NFL ownership support, increased corporate sponsorship (Nike, U.S. Army, etc.), spectacular fan-friendly involvement, and continued expansion occurring over the next three or four years?

tell ya what, it's close but i'll actually make a prediction-Rattlers over SaberCats.

the future looks bright...ironically, the voyage the Arena league's taking resembles the NFL's early years in many ways. around the 17th NFL season, people had realized "this is a damn good game". Illinois legend Red Grange had played a major role years before in changing the public opinion of pro football for the better. stability was on its way to the league, although it wasn't completely there yet. in the same way, stability is coming to Arena football franchisewise, although it's not here yet (Detroit and Grand Rapids are both rumored to be moving or folding). the emergence of Kurt Warner in the NFL brought attention to the Arena League...true, the opinion turned from "not good enough for the NFL" to "NFL Minors" but ya gotta get what ya can. and, people are starting to find "this is a damn good game ya got here!"

the Arena League's not going anywhere. Believe that. B)

Scrim out. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'll put it out front: I don't like Arena football. It goes under my "So much scoring/passing that makes scroing/passing insignifigant" category (There with NASCAR and Basketball), and seems to crowded. They also syphon talent from the CFL.

But, as a business model, ingenious. They shouldn't expand too much, but if they get to about 24 teams, it's a great thing. I could actually see a 32 team NFL minor indoor spring league on the horizon....

But, as a business model, ingenious. They shouldn't expand too much, but if they get to about 24 teams, it's a great thing. I could actually see a 32 team NFL minor indoor spring league on the horizon....

the NFL had its chance to buy the league, and personally I wouldn't want it to happen. each strain is beautiful in its own way to me...sure, there are people who don't care for it but that's the way it is. besides, i don't get NFL Network :D sure, there's an NFL presence, but I'm pretty sure they don't wanna deal with Tags more than they have to ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived