Wake Forest modern logo

Sidney

After a while I've decide to do something with this logo, he's one of my favorite but I think they need something different. Enjoy.

Thanks for your feedbacks. You're all welcome ;)

Wakeforestmodernization_zps77f9c8c4.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'll take this one on. First off, I've never been a fan of the deacon logo, but that's personal. The logo itself isn't bad, but it could do without some of the shading(face and hair). With the hat, I would make the gold band go farther back, and lose the little gold on the brim. I have no problems with the coat. A few tweaks can make this logo great.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

As it stands now, it's really good "art". I'm not so sure it's a great logo though. A lot of the shading seems unnecessary and the feel of the logo is more "Batman villain" than logo.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Thanks for your "art". So I can't do anything about the "batman style"because its the principal shape the problem.

The "principle shape" doesn't matter. I think more what Vicfurth is getting at is that it looks like a cartoon character as opposed to a logo. I think it'd make a good cartoon character at that. It's well-illustrated. But as a logo, some of the lines are too thin and I'm still counting 6 colors. Like folks have been saying, being able to make this in black and white first and then filling in with simply gold, black and a skin tone (like the original) would make this a much more solid mark. Using tapered lines will suggest the shading you're looking for.

It's getting better. Take a look at the attitude of the current logo versus yours. The old logo screams crazy angry old guy. Yours has more of a look of a guy that could be angry, could be constipated, or could be laughing.

The coat collar is a little awkward too. The gold outline mysteriously disappears at the top.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sidney, this concept is progressing nicely. I really like the changes, the first one had too many sharp angles. The black details on the face really improved this logo.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived