One Last Chance

the_cynic

After reviewing my statements within the recent past I understand and acknowledge the fact that I've pissed many of you off. I know I owe it to myself and my fellow members to be more specific and direct with my questions and statements instead of inspiring arguments to break out onto the board. At this time I would like to make an apology to the many of you who I have disrespected and angered with my actions. There's no reason for what I've done and I hope in time some of you can forgive me for what I have done. Believe it or not but I do feel bad for contributing to a plague on this board and I promise to make a conscious effort to put a stop to this from here on out. Once again, I apologize to the many of you who I have offended.

Please just give me one last chance.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

This may shock the hell out of everyone, given my comments in the last couple of days, but...

As it's been said before, it takes guts to step up and admit your faults. To put yourself out in front of others and expose your wrongs is a tough thing to do. And, it's usually a good first step in correcting those wrongs.

No doubt we've argued heartily over the course of the last couple of months, bs. But, that shouldn't stop me from being able to view and judge posts on their own merit (or lack thereof), regardless of the person who has posted them.

That being said, I doubt this will be an occassion for many of us, myself included, to "forgive and forget." Trust is something that has to be earned, and let's face it, at this point you're in a rather large deficit, trust-wise. But, if your words here are true, then I hope that over time that you can, in face, earn the trust of people here, and put these conflicts in the past.

Certainly I'm a bit wary of this, given our history, but it's only right to accept your proverbial olive branch, and hope for the best, though not blindly. And, I hope that others here can see fit to do the same.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree with Mockba, and accept your apologies for what has been done in the past. I know I myself may have spoken up once or twice, but much of it was lost to me as I'm not one to come to the forefront of matters.

I know I appreciate this effort, and hopefully others will too.

I feel alot of love in this room. Though, it is padded and keeps me safe from harm.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Don't go changing to try and please me

You never let me down before, mm-mm

Don't imagine you're too familiar

And I don't see you any more

I would not leave you in times of trouble

We never could have come this far, mm-mm

I took the good times, I'll take the bad times

I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go tryin' some new fashion

Don't change the color of your hair, mm-mm

You always have my unspoken passion

Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation

I never want to work that hard, mm-mm

I just want someone that I can talk to

I want you just the way you are

I need to know that you will always be

The same old someone that I knew

Oh, what will it take till you believe in me

The way that I believe in you

Billy Joel

This is a hard one. Like Mockba said, you are gutsy to admit your faults and try to apologize for comments and questions that were perceived as insulting, condescending, arrogant and intentionally inciting anger in many people here. I was reading a recent post (one I responded to) in which the tone became argumentative very quickly. Within 5 minutes of this heated discussion, where the last post by you was very argumentative, you post this apology. The timing to me seems very peculiar, as if you took some mood-altering drug that immediately kicked in after your previous post.

Honestly, I don't know if many people are willing to forgive and forget. Since you joined this board last fall, your posts have generally been very conceited and condescending. It's not a few specific recent posts, either, it seems to be the norm rather than the exception. It's not you, either...this board has been plagues lately by some who are also argumentative insulting, and just downright nuisances.

You've hardly shown any work here (all I can remember is your bee logo, which I like). Most of your posts are comments/criticisms. There's nothing wrong with that, per se. There is no set prerequisite for people to have an opinion on anything. An artist as good as Avenger or Steve-O, for example, can make valid comments and critiques, just as the 9-year old dabbling in PaintShopPro for the first time. But when the posts become less and less of constructive critiques or commentary, and more like what you have been posting lately, your credibility has been shot. You have even crossed the line with a few whom I bet do not want you back at all.

Me? I guess it can't hurt to give you one last chance. But it's not really up to us. It's us to the moderators to decide your fate. Like it's been said before...this is a community. And the gate is coming down.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well like I said, I'm very sorry for my questions and statements. With that said I don't feel like I have directly put anyone's work down anymore than the average person on this board. If you could point out a specific time and link to the post where it might be contridicting what I'm saying now I would greatly appreciate it.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

you tend to have a condescending "tone" to your posts that happen to rub people the wrong way.

So how do you suggest I fix this? It was brought up in the past that I should post more smily faces.

Retired Number's To Come

More credit where due, more self-deprecation, more please-thank you words... while at the same time, less definative phrases.

Example:

before - "How can you say that? Malone is the absolute best player ever."

after - "I see what you mean, but it seems to me like Malone might have an edge, in my humble opinion. Would you mind telling me more about your thoughts on Jordan?"

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

More credit where due, more self-deprecation, more please-thank you words... while at the same time, less definative phrases.

Example:

before - "How can you say that? Malone is the absolute best player ever."

after - "I see what you mean, but it seems to me like Malone might have an edge, in my humble opinion. Would you mind telling me more about your thoughts on Jordan?"

Okay, excellent example! I can definitely use that as a reference.

Thank You

Retired Number's To Come

Without going too much into detail, because that will rehash bad feelings and just be a pain to do, the specific quotes you had dealt with the nitroseed.comthread are what many of us found condescending and insulting.

There were many other ways you could have stated that you couldn't remember any of nitro's work. But you put it in a way that puts him down for the sake of others. There's nothing wrong if you have an opinion that you think other people are better artists. Everyone here has an opnion like that towards some artist over another. You specifically said "you didn't see what the fuss was about Nitro, his work is nothing to get excited about".

Comments like that, which also led to a more furious debate, are what has been getting you into hot water with the members of this community. We can't find fault with you just for expressing an opinion (no matter how unpopular), but we can be angry if your opinions are meant to demean another or his/her work.

Sometimes the little emoticons (smileys) do help change the tone of your post. A little "J/K" once in a while doesn't hurt either. But you have to watch what you say, and how you say it, or even those smileys won't help.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Actually--and no offense intended--I've hardly noticed many of your posts--I think we're posting in different threads...

But admitting the problem is half the solution, at least according to Fred Flintstone it is...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm willing to accept this apology, so long as you mean it.

"Actions speak louder than words"

I can't tell you how to talk or act, but it's just a matter of respecting people's opinions. That's all. You can still be as outrageous as you want to be, so long as the opinions of the other board members are not attacked. Don't get so defensive. Enjoy the board and the company of it's members. If you take care of that, everything will be smooth sailing.

Archived