TB Rays Concept

LogoMark

I decided to make a Rays concept, just for fun, on this lazy Sunday. I changed their main colors to purple and yellow to be unique, (many teams use blue) but also as a hint back to their rainbow days. I was going for a more classic baseball look, but I think it is just a bit generic right now. I thought about adding a sun/sunglasses/etc logo, but I was having trouble making one that didn't seem minor league. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

TampaBay-01_zps1bf8da71.png?t=1378094594

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

I like it a lot, but there are a couple of things I'd do differently:

- If the team is still the Tampa Bay Rays, I think the away uni should probably read Tampa Bay instead of just Tampa.

- I'm also not sure about having drastically different fonts for "Tampa Bay" and "Rays". It looks nice when they're together in the wordmark, but on the jerseys when they're separated they create two really different looks. This is more personal preference, though.

This is way more generic than their current look. As someone mentioned, this looks too collegiate, like an LSU rip-off. Same with the white panels. The TB logo looks like its a BT. Wordmarks on caps don't ever work for an MLB team. And they don't play in Tampa, they play in St. Petersburg in the Tampa Bay region.

Archived