2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

I still don't get how NHL.com three stars rankings works, especially on the league-wide one.

How does a goalie who stops 33 of 34 shots and basically wins the game for his team, only conceding on the PK, gets put as the third star against two goalies who had 20 save shutouts? I think the former is more impressive than the latter myself.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets cleaning up on the Perds tonight. 4-0 and they're not even out of the first yet. I know everyone has great fun ripping on the Jets, but they have great players. They're just not a team. Also, the infection in Rinne's hip is E. coli, which is really bad, so this might be a loooong year for the old Perds.

Jesse Winchester got three games for leaping off the ice (I refuse to say he "left his feet." His feet remained attached to his body at all times) to elbow Chris Kelly in the head. Not a surprise. The only surprise was that no one called a penalty on it when it happened. Cut-and-dried illegal hit; how do you not call that? I was watching that game and I was aghast.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh god, watching NHL 14 let's plays (don't judge) on youtube I realize how much they hate the Senators.

Alfredsson and Silfverberg still on the team while Ryan and MacArthur aren't, and Michalek is #13 in the game, not #9 as he should be. They also still insist on giving the goalies gold masks even if it looks like crap.

These are really outdated mistakes and should have been really easy to catch. At least they finally got the goal horn right.

Oh god, watching NHL 14 let's plays (don't judge) on youtube I realize how much they hate the Senators.

Alfredsson and Silfverberg still on the team while Ryan and MacArthur aren't, and Michalek is #13 in the game, not #9 as he should be. They also still insist on giving the goalies gold masks even if it looks like crap.

These are really outdated mistakes and should have been really easy to catch. At least they finally got the goal horn right.

Meh, LP's probably don't have the rosters updated.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Meh, LP's probably don't have the rosters updated.

But they probably should have had two of the biggest roster changes over the summer that happened well over two months before the game's release changed before? Shouldn't they? or am I missing a logistic of video game making.

Learned a new rule wrinkle tonight. Leafs on the power play against Jersey, Zidlicky slashes Kessel, Kessel scores. But because Toronto was on the power play, the delayed penalty wasn't cancelled, so the Leafs started a new power play at center ice. Interesting. Also, the whole sequence is just so #metroLOLitan

Learned a new rule wrinkle tonight. Leafs on the power play against Jersey, Zidlicky slashes Kessel, Kessel scores. But because Toronto was on the power play, the delayed penalty wasn't cancelled, so the Leafs started a new power play at center ice. Interesting. Also, the whole sequence is just so #metroLOLitan

That's a new one to me too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I've seen it happen. That's how that goes.

---

Looks like the Ducks power play has actually broken through. Not just a one game blip. And Getzlaf with a hatty in the first period.

Thanks for coming, Buffalo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I have a rule book handy and looked it up since it's more fun to look up this crap than to do work. It's Rule 15.4. But if Toronto was on the power play due to a major penalty then the delayed penalty would have been cancelled by the goal and the major penalty would have continued.

This has been You Make the Call.

Five teams are averaging fewer than two goals a game. Florida is the best of the ignominious lot with 31 in 16. There's a lot of bad in this league this year. I kinda like it. Better than everyone thinking they're in it.

Would you mind lending yours to the Department of Player Safety?

Five teams are averaging fewer than two goals a game. Florida is the best of the ignominious lot with 31 in 16. There's a lot of bad in this league this year. I kinda like it. Better than everyone thinking they're in it.

I should note, though, that the Devils have won 25% of their games through 20% of the season, but can get back to Bettman .500 with just three wins. Two bloops and a blast and you're right back in this thing!

I have a rule book handy and looked it up since it's more fun to look up this crap than to do work. It's Rule 15.4. But if Toronto was on the power play due to a major penalty then the delayed penalty would have been cancelled by the goal and the major penalty would have continued.

This has been You Make the Call.

Brought to you by ALCOA.

Alcoa+logo+1963.png

Dustin Penner leads the NHL in +/- with a +18. (5 of the top 7 are Ducks, actually.) Dustin freaking Penner. Probably the best I've ever seen him play, even when he was a rookie or on the Ducks Cup team. He's playing fast, hard, motivated, and watching him with Getzlaf and Perry, he's having fun. It's awesome to see.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived