2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Um, I think I was mostly watching in the third, and it was much darker than usual. I liked it better this way; they had been overlighting the place and giving it roughly the ambiance of a high school algebra classroom. Conversely, the house lights look brighter in Chicago, where they'd always been kept pleasantly low.

Ah. I've noticed on CSN-CA HD that depending on the camera angle the Sharks home sweaters look anywhere from Dark green-Teal to Blue-Teal to Seafoam or something. Seems to be the different lighting, etc. Here's a visual reference of what I'm talking about.

SharksnewSweaters_differentlighting_zpsa

Watching on my TV, when it's the CSN-CA Broadcast camera they are closer to the center image, but a little darker. My black Sharks T-Shirt is in between the Left and Center image, but probably closer to the Left image. However when the Sharks score or there's a close up of the Sharks players on the bench the sweaters are much lighter-colored looking.

I haven't been to a game, so not sure what they look like to those in the Arena, but hopefully it's lighter than on the broadcast camera, kind of dark looking when paired with the black pants/shorts.

Or if anyone has one of the new teal sweater replicas. Just curious as to the closest color they are as I know cameras and lighting can really affect the color.

I created a Sharks wallpaper and still not sure what color is closest to the new sweater. Here's the wallpaper for reference: Seems closest to Left image but not exactly. Maybe a bit too aqua? I did make the image HD through a pass through, so maybe that altered the color a bit.

Full Size

th_HDwallpaperSharksNew_A_zpscb34d424.pn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's in the current color scheme that he never wore? I hate when teams do that.

Yeah, looks like it: http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/24/50/20/5407766/3/628x471.jpg

Also Sharks fans and anyone else, video of Brent Burns getting buzz cut for his Movember charity.

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=125&id=474637&navid=TW

If you're wondering - that's James Sheppard, Jason Demers and Adam Burish all wearing gloves and masks to help shave the head of #88. You might notice Burns lost his hair, but gained something else.

2-1 win at MSG. 5-2-1 on the season's longest road trip. 12-3-1 overall. 1st in the NHL.

Despite being 29th in PK, 30th in PP, 1B goalie injured, the entire second line injured including the face of the franchise. There's really something about this team. Don't want to jump too far ahead after 16 games, but there's really something here.

And how about Frederik Andersen? 4-0, 1.36 GAA, .952 SV%. Wow. With the way he's come on (and the two year extension he signed just last week, not to mention John Gibson down the pipeline), there's no way that both Hiller and Fasth make it past the trade deadline. This franchise has been blessed throughout its 20-year history when it comes to goaltenders. There was a one year blip with Steve Shields, but from Hebert, Shtalenkov, Gerber, Giguere, Bryzgalov, and now Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Gibson; the crease has always been pretty solid in Anaheim.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There was a one year blip with Steve Shields, but from Hebert, Shtalenkov, Gerber, Giguere, Bryzgalov, and now Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Gibson; the crease has always been pretty solid in Anaheim.

Ugh, I was at a game in 1999 when Dominic Roussel blanked my Sharks 1-0.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

2-1 win at MSG. 5-2-1 on the season's longest road trip. 12-3-1 overall. 1st in the NHL.

Despite being 29th in PK, 30th in PP, 1B goalie injured, the entire second line injured including the face of the franchise. There's really something about this team. Don't want to jump too far ahead after 16 games, but there's really something here.

And how about Frederik Andersen? 4-0, 1.36 GAA, .952 SV%. Wow. With the way he's come on (and the two year extension he signed just last week, not to mention John Gibson down the pipeline), there's no way that both Hiller and Fasth make it past the trade deadline. This franchise has been blessed throughout its 20-year history when it comes to goaltenders. There was a one year blip with Steve Shields, but from Hebert, Shtalenkov, Gerber, Giguere, Bryzgalov, and now Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Gibson; the crease has always been pretty solid in Anaheim.

You forgot Tom Askey!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

There was a one year blip with Steve Shields, but from Hebert, Shtalenkov, Gerber, Giguere, Bryzgalov, and now Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Gibson; the crease has always been pretty solid in Anaheim.

Ugh, I was at a game in 1999 when Dominic Roussel blanked my Sharks 1-0.
Ah of course! How can I forget the short-termers like Roussel, Askey, or winner of the first game in franchise history, Ron Tugnut.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If the Ducks could get the special teams working they could be something.

The PP seems to be trying too hard and too fancy. Right at the end of the game on the 5 on 3, Getzlaf gets the puck in the slot with no one around...and waits tries to pass it to Penner.

Side note, Cogliano is Pierre's new mancrush.

IbjBaeE.png

I admit I could be biased, but I'd rather have an elite penalty kill than an elite power play (though it appears that Anaheim's kill is almost as bad as Chicago's).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think I agree with you. Killing off penalties 90% of the time is better than scoring on 20% of powerplays.

I have to agree with that too.

However, killing 90.9% of PP while scoring on 19% is incredible. Which has led to a 12-1-0 record.

Yet, Washington is 90.7% & 23.6% and are 7-7-0, what gives?

Archived