2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fact that he held her there and beat her while she tried to escape makes it second-degree kidnapping.

From what I read in the Denver Post, the kidnapping of an adult results from taking a person from one location to another against their will. Would not allowing a person to leave count?

False Imprisonment?

niagaraq.png

Hahaha of COURSE the Flyers would trade for Steve Downie. This franchise, man, it's like watching a dog on rollerskates.

I think you said it earlier when they hired Craig Berube: this is the most Flyersish move a team could make, short of making Bobby Clarke head coach, GM, and 2nd line winger.

The Flyers have announced that they have signed the Gumbies. Terms of the contract were not disclosed, for they made the clients' brains hurt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Should we ponder whether there's a connection between Varlamov and Downie?

No, but we should start a pool on when Patrick Roy names Varlamov captain.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Caps up 7-0 on the clownshoes Flyers. "The Washington Capitals Actually Give A Crap Night" should be a sanctioned promotion where the first 5,000 fans through the doors get a pack of Dulcolax.

The Metropolitan Division is sad in this early going. Carolina, after tonight, is sitting at 4-9 4-6-3 after 13 games, and still sit in 2nd place in the division, as far as things stand if results hold tonight.

Thank God its early, because that's pathetic. Pittsburgh is the only team with a winning record right now.

EDIT - Washington will be on 12 points with a win, so that's not entirely accurate. Not that 3rd place is much better.

spacer.png

05:31 PHI Ray Emery served by Claude Giroux Goalie leave crease - 2 min

05:31 PHI Wayne Simmonds Fighting - 5 min against Tom Wilson

05:31 WSH Steve Oleksy Fighting - 5 min against Vincent Lecavalier

05:31 PHI Vincent Lecavalier Fighting - 5 min against Steve Oleksy

05:31 WSH Tom Wilson Fighting - 5 min against Wayne Simmonds

05:31 PHI Ray Emery served by Claude Giroux Instigator - 2 min against Braden Holtby

05:31 PHI Ray Emery Fighting - 5 min against Braden Holtby

05:31 PHI Ray Emery Game misconduct - 10 min

05:31 WSH Braden Holtby Fighting - 5 min against Ray Emery

05:31 PHI Brayden Schenn Fighting - 5 min against Alexander Urbom

05:31 PHI Brayden Schenn Game misconduct - 10 min

05:31 WSH Alexander Urbom Fighting - 5 min against Brayden Schenn

05:31 PHI Ray Emery Misconduct - 10 min

05:31 PHI Vincent Lecavalier Game misconduct - 10 min

05:31 WSH Steve Oleksy Game misconduct - 10 min

05:31 WSH Aaron Volpatti Misconduct - 10 min

05:31 WSH Alexander Urbom Game misconduct - 10 min

08:13 PHI Nicklas Grossmann Boarding - 2 min against Nicklas Backstrom

Flyers gonna Flyer.

I'm beginning to suspect that Ed Snider has terminal cancer but isn't telling anyone, and now, knowing that a third Stanley Cup is out of reach, just wants to wreak utter havoc before doing the metaphorical calm-walk-away-from-an-explosion right off this mortal coil.

awesome-walk-away-explosion-o.gif

Can we send Emery back to Siberia? Because seriously, what the :censored: was that?

Downie fights earlier in the game at 5-0 and gets the instigator. Fine. And then...

At 7-0, the Flyers are clearly frustrated and then Simmonds and Wilson start fighting because of Simmonds' two hits. Sure. Fine. And I guess this sparks Ray Emery to burst like a bat out of hell down the ice and assault Holtby, who clearly did not want a damn thing to do with that. Then everything else slowly smolders out of that once the rest of the Capitals realize that their goalie is continually being lunchbox punched in the back of the head.

I guess Emery was pissed it was 7-0 and his mask got knocked off after that last goal? Still, that's not any justification to do what he did. He has to be getting a suspension, right?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Khabibulin has been awful and Emery going to Philadelphia made him go full retard. His departure from the glorious Chicago Blackhawks was a classic lose-lose scenario.

The real story here is that Brent Sopel has a little brother who plays goalie. I never knew!

As a hockey fan I do believe there's a place in hockey for fighting. I say that because I'm disgusted by the Flyers actions. There was no need to start a fight at all. They were clearly out played and should act as mature adults, not like little children. If the NHL wants to send a message there needs to be at least 20 game suspensions starting with Steve Downie. And Ray Emery needs at least a 50 game suspension. This is where the NHL needs to show teeth and clean up the game. There is no room for crap like this in the game.

At least now we know why the Flyers wanted to get Steve Downie back.

And, holy crap, Ray Emery was basically using Holtby as a punching bag. There is just so much that is wrong with that. It's also completely not surprising, since Ray Emery has long been one of the biggest hot heads in the NHL.

On the most irrelevant of notes, the original Steve Downie/Matt Carle trade has annulled itself now within the space of five years. Downie is back in Philly and Carle is back in Tampa.

spacer.png

Archived