2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Great win, Blackhawks. Don't ever :censored: in' let it happen again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For whatever it's worth, I expressed the same sentiment after the Hawks came back from down 5-0 and a Huet--->Niemi sub to beat the Flames 6-5 in overtime. That ended up being a good year.

EDIT: it's not really worth much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For whatever it's worth, I expressed the same sentiment after the Hawks came back from down 5-0 and a Huet--->Niemi sub to beat the Flames 6-5 in overtime. That ended up being a good year.

EDIT: it's not really worth much.

Agreed, it's not, but it's nice to know that this team can score (and score QUICKLY as hell) on power plays and that the top 2 lines are basically solidified.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tuesday night at the Jobberdome against the Very Good Division Rival Kings, featuring New Committed Ownership.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tuesday night at the Jobberdome against the Very Good Division Rival Kings, featuring New Committed Ownership.

And the beat goes on... 5 years people. Mark it down.

---

Nice comeback win from the Ducks. Sluggish opening period, more even second, and just a dominating third. Not something we've seen a ton of with how fast they've generally started, but this road trip has given them some of their first true adversity of the season, and they're responding quite well.

Come from ahead loss in Toronto, beat down loss in Montreal, gritty win against the Sens, battling win against the Jackets, surging win against Philly. 3-2 on this roadie with Boston, Buffalo, and the Rangers left on the docket. No way they don't go home at least even on this trip, and that's the goal of almost any road schedule.

But Teemu went down with a stick to the face and a fair amount of blood. Another loss for the Ducks at forward with Koivu, Penner, Silfverberg, and Beleskey already out, as well as Fasth on the mend (How about that Great Dane, Frederik Andersen, though?). Thankfully Perrault came back tonight and Penner on the horizon, as well as Sbisa in the d-corps. This road trip is hard enough, but these injuries aren't helping. As long as they can make it out of these next three without losing someone, I'd almost chalk it up as a win. Yeesh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

---

Nice comeback win from the Ducks. Sluggish opening period, more even second, and just a dominating third. Not something we've seen a ton of with how fast they've generally started, but this road trip has given them some of their first true adversity of the season, and they're responding quite well.

Come from ahead loss in Toronto, beat down loss in Montreal, gritty win against the Sens, battling win against the Jackets, surging win against Philly. 3-2 on this roadie with Boston, Buffalo, and the Rangers left on the docket. No way they don't go home at least even on this trip, and that's the goal of almost any road schedule.

But Teemu went down with a stick to the face and a fair amount of blood. Another loss for the Ducks at forward with Koivu, Penner, Silfverberg, and Beleskey already out, as well as Fasth on the mend (How about that Great Dane, Frederik Andersen, though?). Thankfully Perrault came back tonight and Penner on the horizon, as well as Sbisa in the d-corps. This road trip is hard enough, but these injuries aren't helping. As long as they can make it out of these next three without losing someone, I'd almost chalk it up as a win. Yeesh.

What the HELL is going on with their defensemen? Explain this phenomenon to me. 0 :censored: ing goals?!

twitter

---

What the HELL is going on with their defensemen? Explain this phenomenon to me. 0 :censored: ing goals?!

Huh, is that true?

*checks stats*

Well, I'll be damned. No goals from the defense so far. 17 assists and no goals. Hmm. Yeah, I don't know what to tell you there. I guess that factors into my frustrations of them refusing to shoot the damn puck (especially on that anemic power play. Oh my holy christ, is that power play bad. 4-of-51 on the power play with 2 shorthanded goals against. 7.8%. SHOOT THE PUCK YOU :censored: BAGS!), but yea. Idk. And even when the D-men do shoot, I've noticed there have been a lot of blocked shots against. Dont have those stats to back it up, but just an observation.

Or until they lose $40M, IIRC. Soo... next Tuesday work for everyone?

Or until they lose $40M, IIRC. Soo... next Tuesday work for everyone?
It's hand in hand. If they lose $50M in the first 5 years.

So since the beginning of 2011-12, between SJ and LA, the road team has only won once. The Sharks just wore down toward the end of the game, especially thanks to penalties. Still, though going 3-1-1 against DET, BOS, MTL, OTT, and LA is a pretty good road trip.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So since the beginning of 2011-12, between SJ and LA, the road team has only won once. The Sharks just wore down toward the end of the game, especially thanks to penalties. Still, though going 3-1-1 against DET, BOS, MTL, OTT, and LA is a pretty good road trip.

They could barely keep up with the Kings all night. I knew that if the Kings were still with in one late, they'd be able to tie it and sure enough a bench minor cost them the lead. The Hooking penalty in OT I can live with, otherwise Kings score on that. The Sharks played decent in regulation, though a few players were extremely lazy with clearing the zone (what else is new?).

I saw the Sharks get out played in a number of areas. Sure, they led most of the way, but leading for 60+ isn't the issue. Being on top at the end of the game is. The Sharks seemed to be befuddled at the refs not calling. I see that as part of LA's game is to get away with stuff (not saying the Kings are the only team to this) but the difference here, for to my knowledge the first time in the season, the Sharks let it get to them, instead of just playing.

if I seem tough on 'em, it's because I'm passionate about the team. It's only their third loss of the season, and yes 22/26 points in 13 games is great, but they need to regroup and come out more physical and smart in their own zone against Phoenix on Saturday or they'll see the same result as tonight.

On another subject - In the Pit/Bos game and the SJ/LA games on both sides of each, there were a lot of incidents were you, as the viewer can clearly see it's a penalty and the ref looks right at the player committing the penalty and just doesn't call anything. If they don't see it, that's one thing, but to completely ignore blatantly obvious penalties is something else. The tick-tack stuff is one thing, but the not-so-ticky tack are ones that need to be called.

The biggest one I see going uncalled is the cross-check. Rule refresher if needed:

59.1 Cross-checking - The action of using the shaft of the stick between the two hands to forcefully check an opponent.

59.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who “cross checks” an opponent.

Most of them occur in the corner of the boards, or in front of the net. I don't mind the less severe ones being let go, but watch a game and just focus your eye on the front of the net if the puck is up high or on the boards if the puck is down low - and watch the defensive player and his stick. You'll see one-two-three or even four pushes with the stick. Watch the third shove with the stick, chances are it will be extended arms and a nice good shove.

Now I'm just using Cross-chekcing as an example of one of the penalties that go uncalled, but the excuse "I didn't see it" doesn't work in this instance because they are looking right at it.

The refs for the most part do a good job and see stuff right that I wouldn't pick up, but they seem to be letting a lot of obvious calls go. I guess it's just like in the NFL where P.I. is one a down-by-down basis.

Archived