2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Can we send Emery back to Siberia? Because seriously, what the :censored: was that?

... this sparks Ray Emery to burst like a bat out of hell down the ice and assault Holtby, who clearly did not want a damn thing to do with that. Then everything else slowly smolders out of that once the rest of the Capitals realize that their goalie is continually being lunchbox punched in the back of the head.

I guess Emery was pissed it was 7-0 and his mask got knocked off after that last goal? Still, that's not any justification to do what he did. He has to be getting a suspension, right?

It was actually smart of Holtby to back off. Emery trains at boxing in the offseason, and he was just looking to TKO someone.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was bad, but I will say this: if you're going to fight someone to retaliate for some taking of liberties, then you gotta look like Emery looked. In this great big sea of flailing your arms around and slipping, that was the most passionate and thorough ass-kicking the NHL has seen in years. Had it been a goon doing that to a rat rather than a goalie doing it to another goalie, it would have been a thing of beauty.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do the goalies even talk to each other? Or do they just go after each other because of some kind of unwritten code? Wouldn't it make more sense for a goalie to deck a guy who had been up his as all game long?

Flyers fans are the most stepford in all of sports. Even when they're out of the playoffs, it's because the refs screwed them, other goalies stood on their heads, Mr. Snider is Jesus, Allah, and Ganesh rolled in to one, and HOMER! CLARKIE!"

Seriously, this team still has Bob The Hound Kelly as it's "ambassador", making public appearances and visiting schools, has Homer and Clarkie in the organization, recently employed town drunk Gary Dornhoeffer, and brought back Ron Hextall, who even though he won a vezina and conn smythe, was more known for fighting and slashing opposing players. I'm sure they'd bring back Ed Box Car Hospadar (started a bench clearing brawl BEFORE a playoff game started against MTL) if they could.

Point is, there is FINALLY starting to be some kinda sorta negative things being said by fans, which never happens in Flyerville. If this keeps up for another 20 years, they may start to stop coming to games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just remembering this one. The fighting lasted 15 mins. There's people in CLARKIE! From FLIN FLON!! Jerseys cheering it along.

Now THAT'S Flyering!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Sabres have placed Patrick Kaleta on waivers, meaning he'll be starting for the Flyers very soon.

Did he finish his ten-game suspension? Cutting a guy because you're tired of carrying him as a mandatory scratch is a badass move. I wish we had done that to Dan Carcillo.

Just remembering this one. The fighting lasted 15 mins. There's people in CLARKIE! From FLIN FLON!! Jerseys cheering it along.

Now THAT'S Flyering!

The best part of this video is remembering that Martin Prusek was actually a thing.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

"Players tax" reminds me of that one time Springfield bled the Radioactive Man production dry with a "puffy director pants" tax.

"We have a hockey team now? Um....HOCKEY TAX!"

"Players tax" reminds me of that one time Springfield bled the Radioactive Man production dry with a "puffy director pants" tax.

Will they have a non-players tax, like the "not wearing puffy directors pants" tax?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Best part of the athlete tax is that the NFL is exempt because reasons.

I want to say that Alberta has had this tax for years, but I don't feel like googling it to make sure if it's still in effect or not. My meagre research has also shown me that the city of Philadelphia charges all visiting players a 3% tax on their gameday salaries, so it's not exactly a new thing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I want to say that Alberta has had this tax for years, but I don't feel like googling it to make sure if it's still in effect or not. My meagre research has also shown me that the city of Philadelphia charges all visiting players a 3% tax on their gameday salaries, so it's not exactly a new thing.

I think the difference is that the other cities charge a percentage where as Tennessee has an actual tax in dollar amount that could potentially be higher than a game check for some call ups.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

The Sabres have placed Patrick Kaleta on waivers, meaning he'll be starting for the Flyers very soon.

Did he finish his ten-game suspension? Cutting a guy because you're tired of carrying him as a mandatory scratch is a badass move. I wish we had done that to Dan Carcillo.

He just finished his suspension; tonight would've been his first game back. I'm assuming that you can't waive someone who is suspended.

Emery was named the third star of the game, btw. Four goals on 15 shots... a .733 save percentage.

Could you waive someone in that window between "Mr. Shanahan would like to speak with you" and the actual levying of a suspension (in cases that a player isnn't "suspended indefinitely" pending a hearing), or is that player frozen on the roster as soon as that ball starts rolling?

So I'm watching the Lightning game because the Lightning are fun to watch. Killorn scores to tie it, horn blows, crowd cheers, whaaaatever. But then they pan the crowd and there's this woman, presumably a paid ticketholder, holding a sign that reads, in team-color-blue Serpentine,

LET'S

GO

LIGHTNING!

What the hell is the point of this? Why would you make a sign and block people's views just to convey a message as facile and useless as "Let's Go Lightning!"? Either make something witty or put your goddamn sign down. What a tremendous waste of time and energy.

Columbus gets their All-Star Game back next season.

Good.

Phoenix remains the one place that didn't get the game back after losing it for lockout/Olympic reasons. Which is rather strange when you consider the league's relationship there. You'd think Phoenix would have had the last 4 ASGs.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived