2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Coyotes got bitchmade on a delayed penalty at the end of the period and tried to start a line brawl. Sore losers.

That was mostly Mike Ribeiro being Mike Ribeiro, but yeah. Nice dives on the Phoenix side of the puck as well.

I always forget how much I hate playing against Phoenix. They're just constantly in the way. It's just not fun to watch. Even more so than Nashville has been over the years. They just don't do anything and manage to stick with you all night. And I know Tippet is a good coach and gets them to buy into the system, yada yada, but I don't remember Tippet's Stars ever playing like his Coyotes do. It's a hard watch.

Can the Ducks take the goal on the delayed penalty and count it as a PP goal?

Yeah right? At least they finally got one.

And their second goal from a defenseman! 1st NHL goal for the 19-year-old Hampus Lindholm (with his dad in attendance) and a bomb of a shot on that last second, delayed penalty goal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doan crushes Cogliano's knee along the boards because Shane Doan is a piece of crap. Cogliano scores on the empty net as he limps to the bench. Coyotes start a fight after the goal anyway. This team is pure garbage.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Warrior move by Andrew Cogliano. I believe he's the current NHL ironman leader. Hasn't missed a game in his NHL career.

And a Shane Doan move by Shane Doan.

Solid win. Nice comeback against that Phoenix team. TWO power play goals. TWO goals by defensemen. It's like Christmas! Stay on top of the Pacific and and the entire NHL.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Warrior move by Andrew Cogliano. I believe he's the current NHL ironman leader. Hasn't missed a game in his NHL career.

Solid win. Nice comeback against that Phoenix team. TWO power play goals. TWO goals by defensemen. It's like Christmas! Stay on top of the Pacific and and the entire NHL.

He's not a warrior unless he's wearing some American-flag inspired alternate jersey.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

He's third after Bouwmeester and Henrik.

Neither have missed a game since 2004!

He's not a warrior unless he's wearing some American-flag inspired alternate jersey.

So does that mean Alex Ovechkin is an American hero?

I was diagusted by the poor crowds in the last home game against Phoenix, so I listened to Pierre McGuire ans went tonight to help the team out. No excuses that the Coyotes are boring or that it's a weeknight, because the Ducks are fun enough to watch on their own.

The Cogliano goal was amazing and bewildeing. I was looking at him the whole time, so I had no idea why he was all alone with the puck there. It was like the everyone thought the play was dead.

He's third after Bouwmeester and Henrik.

Neither have missed a game since 2004!

So does that mean Alex Ovechkin is an American hero?

No, we cannot trust him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Heard this gem in the beginning of the Isles/Hurricanes game:

"...to Alexander Semin, Number 28, if you can actually read these dark numbers on the dark jerseys, and I have a feeling that's going to be rather adventurous all night, proving once again why most third jerseys look a whole lot better in the design room than they do on the ice."

Bahaha. Howie Rose is great because he'll tell you how it is. He doesn't care.

Haha, Rose is definitely one of the better editorializers of our time.

I don't know that anyone gets more excited for goals than Pierre Houde on RDS. Even for the other team, he just sounds so happy to have witnessed a goal. ET LE BUUUUUUUUT!!!!

Nathan Gerbe just tried to fight Travis Hamonic. Gerbe was flailing like an idiot and Hamonic, knowing that one well-placed punch would erase that punk bitch completely, just sort of let him swing. Somehow this is a power play for Carolina.

So, does anyone think the Lightning, now at 11-4-0, are legit in any way for a playoff push in the East?

I figure this is a good time to ask, because seven of the next eight are on the road, and all eight are against strong opposition. No, really. Three on the road at Detroit, Boston, and Montreal (B2B), home to Anaheim, and then a four game swing out West against Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Anaheim. We're going to learn a lot about the purported quality of this team in the next two weeks.

spacer.png

They're legit. They finally got their goalie after all these years. What a difference it makes when you stop getting scored on so much.

Bolts have played the West well so far, so that California trip won't necessarily be a death sentence. If they can take 10 points out of those 16, they'll be in terrific shape.

Sharks forgot how to play defense, Niemi forgot how to stop the puck, couple that with a hot Vancouver team that took the Sharks to task tonight.

Sharks start season hot, fall into slump - Haven't I seen this show already?

I know teams go into slumps but Niemi in the last two games has allowed 8 goals on 45 shots or something. Stalock in 1 and 2/3 games has allowed 2 goals in 50+ shots. Just saying Stalock seems to be on his game right now, Niemi not so much. If I was TMac, I'd put Stalock in for at least the Winnipeg game on Sunday.

Hopefully the Sharks can right the waters against the Jets.

Sabres pepper Jonathan Quick with 19 shots; lose 2-0.

The record for fewest goals in a season was set by the '53-'54 Blackhawks with 133. This was in a 70 game season. Right now, the Sabres are on pace for 132; the Flyers are on pace for 120.

Archived