2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

This brawl has been getting a lot of local mention today, since it also involved Emery and Andrew Peters came over to fight Emery so Marty Biron didn't get pummeled too badly. I don't really care about fighting one way or another, but ahhhhhh... back when my team actually gave a damn! Good memories.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus gets their All-Star Game back next season.

Good.

Phoenix remains the one place that didn't get the game back after losing it for lockout/Olympic reasons. Which is rather strange when you consider the league's relationship there. You'd think Phoenix would have had the last 4 ASGs.

They just need to re-use their last logo, and change the year...

zfc3iirj6b5gn1tyzcl9ux0fn.gif

Man, the Sabres are a true dumpster fire. 0-8-1 at home this season. But still 10th in the league in attendance with 95.8% capacity and another sellout tonight. So at least that's soemthing? (You see that Phoenix?)

Ducks finally get a goal from a defenseman in Sami Vatanen, but Vatanen also continues this teams awful injury streak on the road, not playing in the 3rd. And the power play? Nah. 0/3. 1/26 on the trip. 4/58 on the season.

I can't even imagine how good this team might be if they get back to healthy and if they ever break through on the power play. Leading the league in even strength goals is definitely a plus, but come on guys. Jeez.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Lightning are 10-4-0. Hmm, neat.

Didn't exactly pay a great deal of attention to the game tonight, but it's always good to beat a quality team like St. Louis, and win both ends of a back-to-back, which they have accomplished twice in the last eight days.

Schedule gets tougher after the Thursday game, so it's good that they beefed up beforehand.

spacer.png

Just saw a great game at the Coliseum between the Islanders and Bruins. MacDonald and Vanek each scored great goals, Poulin was fantastic, (POOO-LIN! POOO-LIN!) and the place was on fire. The multitude of Bostoners who made the trip down to Long Island filed out of the arena pretty pissed off tonight.

25yzwqg.png

Columbus gets their All-Star Game back next season.

Good.

Phoenix remains the one place that didn't get the game back after losing it for lockout/Olympic reasons. Which is rather strange when you consider the league's relationship there. You'd think Phoenix would have had the last 4 ASGs.

I think it's because Bettman knows how embarrassed he'll be if the whole, marginal cable world audience saw the pathetic lack of crowds in Arizona, that he's taken a personal accomplishment of saving.

Craig Anderson took a knee to the head, being stretchered off. Scary stuff.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks get handled by the Calgary Block Machine with their virgin goalie who clocks 42 friggin' saves. Pissclams.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I have a bad feeling this one will be a 1-0 Yotes win with SJ outshooting Phoenix like 48-17.

Close. 3-2 S/O. Sharks outshot the Coyotes 50/30. Sharks had their chances, but a disturbing former issue reared it's ugly head. That would be the fancy passing instead of shooting issue that has plagued the Sharks for a number of season. And in addition to turning the puck over in their own issues that have been going on since at least 2008. 10-1-3 is a good start, and the Sharks haven't lost by more than one goal, but they need to correct some things to get back on track.

Did the Shark Tank start turning the house lights down this season? It's darker than I remember it being, and I remember it being very bright.

It seems different almost every game. Was it the whole game? I know that after the pre game and the Sharks entrance through the Shark mouth that the lights take a bit of time to regain full power.

Um, I think I was mostly watching in the third, and it was much darker than usual. I liked it better this way; they had been overlighting the place and giving it roughly the ambiance of a high school algebra classroom. Conversely, the house lights look brighter in Chicago, where they'd always been kept pleasantly low.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived