2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Islanders trade Matt Moulson, their 2014 1st round pick, and their 2015 2nd round pick to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islanders trade Matt Moulson and their 2014 1st round pick to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek and their 2015 2nd round pick.

Sure about that? Thought it was Moulson and 2 picks for Vanek.

They had to give up Moulson? I mean, not that it isn't a clear upgrade, but I really liked Moulson as Tavares's finisher. Good move for the Isles; I wish them well. I wonder if they can trade for Ryan Miller, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow, that came out of nowhere. I'll really miss Moulson, he and Tavares were fun to watch together. I hope this trade doesn't turn into Ryan Smyth II and they'll be able to re-sign Vanek, especially with the extra draft picks they gave up.

Icing whistled four feet up on the top of the circle just now in the Jets-Avs game. Can we just get back to ritually sacrificing Joni Pitkanen in the name of having a game that doesn't look like we're making it up as we go along?

Icing whistled four feet up on the top of the circle just now in the Jets-Avs game. Can we just get back to ritually sacrificing Joni Pitkanen in the name of having a game that doesn't look like we're making it up as we go along?

Or just have no touch icing like every other league in the world.

1zqy8ok.gif

The NHL could also curtail fighting like every other league in the world, but apparently the recent rash of dead enforcers is not nearly as chilling as the rash of...injured...dudes who chase pucks down?

Yakupov scored. Good for him!

They had to give up Moulson? I mean, not that it isn't a clear upgrade, but I really liked Moulson as Tavares's finisher. Good move for the Isles; I wish them well. I wonder if they can trade for Ryan Miller, too.

Moulson's contract is up after this year, like Vanek's is... what are the chances Moulson will sign in Buffalo? The Isles can just get him back if he really likes it there.

I think Vanek is a really, really good player who hasn't had a center for the last six years or so. He could really light things up with Tavares.

Islanders trade Matt Moulson, their 2014 1st round pick, and their 2015 2nd round pick to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek.

Didn't consider this until local radio guys brought it up: since Moulson's contract is also expiring at the end of the year and his offensive production is pretty good, he could be an attractive deadline deal. The Sabres could easily turn him around for another pick/prospect this season.

BNN9x8U.gif

Sex.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Saad is just so awesome. He's just getting better and better. The 2011 draft class (McNeill, Danault, Saad, Clendening, Shaw, Shalunov) is gonna run this show in a few years, I just know it.

BNN9x8U.gif

Sex.

If this is sex, what does clinching the Cup twice mean?

Sex followed by winning the lottery?

Also, Jesus H. Christ that is a good-looking game. I vote that every game, regardless of location, be a Chicago red vs. Minnesota white matchup.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Saad is just so awesome. He's just getting better and better. The 2011 draft class (McNeill, Danault, Saad, Clendening, Shaw, Shalunov) is gonna run this show in a few years, I just know it.

Obligatory:

Also anyone know why Min wore white at home?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived