NEW New York Knicks/Rangers Scoreboard

mattr1198

No one likes state of the art train stations more than I, and no one believes it was a mistake to demolish old Penn Station. But demolishing MSG only makes two wrongs.

That would only be true if you could draw a correlation between the old Penn Station and the current MSG. Which is hard to do.

One was a grand old building, a singular architectural archivement whose loss outraged the city and kick-started a preservation movement, the other needed a billion-dollar facelift to go from "outright dump" to "not that bad, actually".

I'm always amazed at the seat capacity of MSG. From pictures, it doesn't look like it could hold more than 16,000 (I mean, compare MSG to United Center and United Center looks HUGE)...but it can get 20,000 for basketball and 18,000 for NHL.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/behold-fan-bridges-madison-square-garden-photos-202140760--nhl.html

Aw what happened to the original idea of it being above the ice with a clear glass floor? Guess someone figured that wouldn't quite work out, so they ended doin this.....which is silly imo, sucks for the fans in the top rows as they won't be able to see the scoreboard.

Check out the ribbon board in the back. I know the Rangers' defense has been terrible this year, but do the scoreboard testers really expect the Canadiens to score 103?

Doing it just for NBA purposes. I really don't know why they decided to test the triple digit numbers with the rangers theme and not the Knicks/NCAA theme. I do like you joke about the rangers by the way they suck so much d this year (no pun intended).

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Archived