St. Louis Rottweilers Web Site and Logo

Ez Street

Call me crazy, but I would think a team called the Rottweilers would at least have a dog head in their logo.

But then again, this IS the ABA...

And having "Rots" as the shorthand is worse than the old Washigton Diplomats calling themselves the Dips.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

St. Louis Rots...

Is that some kind of social commentary? Is St. Louis so bad now, that it is rotting?

Sadly, yes.

Meeeeet me in Saint Loueee, Loueee...Meet me...oh wait...meet me in Vegas. :rolleyes:

It's happening everywhere though, not just St.Louis. You guys just lost a higher percentage...not necessarily the most people.

As for the logo...Rots? And JUST a ball? In the other ABA logos, the ball is just corrupting the logo. In this one...the ball has brainwashed an entire logo. The ABA is a cult, worshipping an idol.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Now I normally panic when I turn out to be the voice of reason, but since the ball in the logo isn't the standard-issue ugly-ass red-white-and-blue ball, and the pic at the very upper left corner of the site is rather ABA-esque, isn't it possible that this is a temporary logo, put up so that we'd have something to bitch about until the real, ugly-ass logo is unveiled?

Call me crazy, but I've got a feeling...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think you may have a point. But damn.. it sure looks like they are gonna use "the Rots" as their nickname.

ugh.

Someone needs to take the ABA executives, and send them to this website, so they can see what real people think of their logos.

I think that the reletively low cost of franchising is responsible for the horrible websites and logos. Folks scrape together just enough to buy in, then have nothing let to pay anyone to make a logo for them.

Damn ABA

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That logo is a nightmare for merchandise production.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think you may have a point. But damn.. it sure looks like they are gonna use "the Rots" as their nickname.

Why the heck is the team giving itself an "endearing" nickname (sorry, but Rots isn't endearing, but hopefully you catch my drift)? I mean, for the most part, the fans get the shortened version of the name out there and the team goes with it. Honestly, It's like the Pirates choosing to call themselves the 'Rats' (or 'Rates', i guess they really don't rate tho :D , hem) instead of the fans giving them the Bucs. How desperate could this league be? <_<

$.02 paid

Abbey.jpg

OK, i was disapointed in the 'Rots' logo, so I did one for them.

Keeping in mind all of the ABA logo requirements that I was forced to restrain myself to, I created the following:

ABA-rotweilers.gif

100 pixel size - Check

Goofy 306 panel colored ball - Check

Bizzarre WordArt shaped wordmark - Check

Generic JamnArt stolen logo - Check

Consistant line width where completely inappropriate - Check

Mascot squeezing or otherwise molesting ball - Check

City name tacked onto abstractly added semi-circle - Check

All fonts available on Windows 95 default list - Check

Gradient used where solid would have worked - Check

Color included in logo to clash with ball colors - Check

Glossy marks on ball, to look like a bowling ball - Check

Uneven lopsided composition - Check

Total, complete embarrassment to city, fans, players, and an affront to logo art itself - Check

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Call me crazy, but I would think a team called the Rottweilers would at least have a dog head in their logo.

But then again, this IS the ABA...

And having "Rots" as the shorthand is worse than the old Washigton Diplomats calling themselves the Dips.

Could have been worse... Could have been the St. Louis shi tzus....

OK, i was disapointed in the 'Rots' logo, so I did one for them.

Keeping in mind all of the ABA logo requirements that I was forced to restrain myself to, I created the following:

ABA-rotweilers.gif

100 pixel size - Check

Goofy 306 panel colored ball - Check

Bizzarre WordArt shaped wordmark - Check

Generic JamnArt stolen logo - Check

Consistant line width where completely inappropriate - Check

Mascot squeezing or otherwise molesting ball - Check

City name tacked onto abstractly added semi-circle - Check

All fonts available on Windows 95 default list - Check

Gradient used where solid would have worked - Check

Color included in logo to clash with ball colors - Check

Glossy marks on ball, to look like a bowling ball - Check

Uneven lopsided composition - Check

Total, complete embarrassment to city, fans, players, and an affront to logo art itself - Check

Great checklist---good summary of the majority of their logos...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Actually this reminds me of where I went to College--they've now gone to the soul-less food court (but probably better food)

During my days the main hang out on campus was the Rathskellar, but we just called it the Rat...

Their burgers were called Rathburgers--we called them Ratburgers, which annoyed the people who made them.

However Rath could aslo be spelled Wrath, and Wrathburgers are not necessarily an improvement...

Too bad it's no longer around--if they got TV coverage you could watch the Rots at the Rat...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived