Redskins Brand Proposal - Washington Redhawks

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all those clamoring for a gold facemask, I HATE the gold facemask. It's way too bright and stands out way too much. Burgundy is ideal for me.

As for the package as a whole, I agree that the spear seems a little tacked on, and the logo would look fine without it IMO. Also, I'm not a fan of the "R" you used. I feel like I could find it in my standard MS Windows fonts. I would use something similar to the R in the Lombardi-era logo or use the current curvy R. Lastly, I'm not a fan of the tertiary WR logo. It doesn't really fit to me--it looks too different from everything else. If the wordmarks were in the same font it would work, but otherwise it doesn't.

But I do like the concept as a whole, especially the subtle nods to Native American culture, and the presentation is top-notch. I just feel like it's SO close, and I want to see it perfected.

Yea, the facemask should be gold and I think you should invert the color of the R and the circle it's in, but otherwise, I could get behind this rebrand. I'm more sold on Redhawks than Redclouds though, but I could be convinced.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

For all those clamoring for a gold facemask, I HATE the gold facemask. It's way too bright and stands out way too much. Burgundy is ideal for me.

As for the package as a whole, I agree that the spear seems a little tacked on, and the logo would look fine without it IMO. Also, I'm not a fan of the "R" you used. I feel like I could find it in my standard MS Windows fonts. I would use something similar to the R in the Lombardi-era logo or use the current curvy R. Lastly, I'm not a fan of the tertiary WR logo. It doesn't really fit to me--it looks too different from everything else. If the wordmarks were in the same font it would work, but otherwise it doesn't.

But I do like the concept as a whole, especially the subtle nods to Native American culture, and the presentation is top-notch. I just feel like it's SO close, and I want to see it perfected.

I feel the same about the gold mask. Its overpowering. I think your eye should be attracted to the logo and a gold mask complicates the design. The reason i am using gray is because i love the old school look with it and black cleats. Its a classic, tough look IMO

Now you're making me feel bad about my R, lol. I dont like either of the ones you suggested and moreover wanted to do something new here. I started with LHF Milkman for the R and cut and redrew some curves to match the circle and fit well in the center.

The WR mark i might remove from the whole set. The W was influenced by a hyroglyph for "river" and the R was actually the original one i made for the helmet 4 years ago. Where its all ended up now, i dont think it fits either

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The only issue with rebranding to the Redhawks is that you would be following the exact same path as Miami(Ohio) as far as naming goes. I realize that many NFL teams' identities were based on college teams in the beginning stages of the NFL, but I'm not sure that flies in 2013-2020.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Now you're making me feel bad about my R, lol. I dont like either of the ones you suggested and moreover wanted to do something new here. I started with LHF Milkman for the R and cut and redrew some curves to match the circle and fit well in the center.

Well, now that I go back and take a second look I don't mind the R so much. I think I'm just not a fan of it by itself--it works better within the primary logo.

updated with gray mask

e20759780adf0a926c7700088b001b0c.png

The more I look at that set, I like it more and more. Gorgeous.

This is perfect...and you could still call them the Redclouds, IMHO, without having to change anything. I realize the 'Clouds might not be a popular name but I like it because it's different and quirky. I've never liked the Nike toilet seat collars but this one looks nice...maybe it's gold hairline. Great job!

Archived