Nike Does BCS Top 25

dmhtfld

It would be nice if that template showed the full side of the pants.

Agreed, I wish his head was turned a little more so you can see the side better as well. I am gonna try my best to not let that affect the quality of the concepts though.

• 2 weeks later...

UCF: Good start, I hate it when teams have a color in their name (I'm looking at YOU Texas Tech and Syracuse) and then completely neglect it for something else. But I'd like to see black be the second color here, and then the silver be an accent, I would like to see while instead of silver honestly, I don't see the purpose of adding a color to an already fine scheme.

Ohio St: I don't like the font, it reminds me too much of those ugly pro combats they wore a few years ago. I also think you're overusing silver a bit on this one too, there's not enough red to stand out on the black alternate.

USC: I like it. A modernizing of the jersey, not a crazy, bold, ugly re-design. Just an update to the times. Good work.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

UCF: Good start, I hate it when teams have a color in their name (I'm looking at YOU Texas Tech and Syracuse) and then completely neglect it for something else.

Only Texas Tech started off as the Matadors, with the school athletics playing off their mascot's primarily black attire with red trim. (Which is mostly evident with the masked rider mascot to this day)

The name was changed in 1936 by influence from a local writer who first dubbed the "Red Raiders" moniker but the school colors of scarlet and black have more or less shared equal status since the Matador days.

It's very much similar to how the Blackhawks dont emphasize the color black since the name has its actual origin from something other than a literal "black hawk"

Midway.png

UCF: Good start, I hate it when teams have a color in their name (I'm looking at YOU Texas Tech and Syracuse) and then completely neglect it for something else.

Only Texas Tech started off as the Matadors, with the school athletics playing off their mascot's primarily black attire with red trim. (Which is mostly evident with the masked rider mascot to this day)

The name was changed in 1936 by influence from a local writer who first dubbed the "Red Raiders" moniker but the school colors of scarlet and black have more or less shared equal status since the Matador days.

It's very much similar to how the Blackhawks dont emphasize the color black since the name has its actual origin from something other than a literal "black hawk"

Good point, but why not just call TTU the "Raiders" and drop the red, then?

It's not like there are an abundance of NCAA teams called Raiders, especially in FBS.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In truth, what exactly a "Red Raider" actually is, is open to anyone's interpretation but by now it's been deeply ingrained in tradition and just has a nice ring to it. Hell, in the Leach era there was even a big pirate theme surrounding the nickname but despite these little quirks in history I've personally never had a problem with it in regards to the school's actual color scheme. But we digress.

Midway.png

Good point, but why not just call TTU the "Raiders" and drop the red, then?

It's not like there are an abundance of NCAA teams called Raiders, especially in FBS.

Because there are 14 or so other sports at TTU that wear red?

Nothing wrong with adding a color adjective to make a nickname stand out against other similar names (Golden Panthers vs Panthers, Red Raiders vs Raiders, Green Wave vs Crimson Tide, etc).

If a team wears colors that seem to go against the university's identity or nickname, that's more on that particular team and brand sponsor more than anything.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Lets get this back on topic. Here are LSU, Missouri and UCLA. The away versions will be added to the first post of this thread to keep from cluttering it. Nothing too new with LSU and UCLA but that is due to how much I love their current uniforms.

LSUhome_zpsc8d7ba91.png

MizzouHome_zpse0a2f508.png

UCLAHome_zps6ed29e1c.png

Did you really use Tennessee's number font for UCLA?

Ohio State looks good except for the helmet stripes. Don't change the current helmet stripes.

Don't take the Trojan off USC's helmet. The SC is not a better logo.

The shadowed script UCLA logo is not better than the one-color version they use now.

These are nice concepts, and you have talent, but they're not much better than anything currently in use.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ohio State looks good except for the helmet stripes. Don't change the current helmet stripes.

The shadowed script UCLA logo is not better than the one-color version they use now.

These are nice concepts, and you have talent, but they're not much better than anything currently in use.

- Is that not okay? Many teams use the same number font.

- Agreed.

- I always preferred the SC. The trojan just seems outdated.

- Agreed, the shadow definitely doesn't fit in.

Thanks, don't worry the designs are going to start getting more creative.

- Is that not okay? Many teams use the same number font.

True. It just looks odd and/or borrowed, especially with such a unique font.

I like Missouri's look a lot, especially the more I look at it. It's one of those designs that if it was in use, would probably be copied by other non-SEC Tiger schools.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually kind of like this one, the jersey looks good, the same ole' wings as before. Good helmet. And the pants actually have a wing design on them! Nice work, I also like sticking to school colors, Oregon is a prime example of BFBS and GFGS taking over.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived