How well do you know your Bowl Games?

Drew22

I kinda wish there was a Windy City Bowl...if DC and NY can get bowl games, why not Chi-Town?

Them and Boston, maybe move the Independence Bowl to Boston? I dunno. It would be a lot better than Shreveport Louisiana though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I kinda wish there was a Windy City Bowl...if DC and NY can get bowl games, why not Chi-Town?

Them and Boston, maybe move the Independence Bowl to Boston? I dunno. It would be a lot better than Shreveport Louisiana though.

Why would they move a game in Louisiana to Boston?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

19-1. Thought Sun Bowl was real.

That Peach Bowl logo was beautiful. Damn you, Chick-fil-A.

Considering what Chick-Fil-A has done for the bowl game, the city's economy during the football season (kickoff game through the bowl season), and college football in general....I've no problem with the Peach Bowl changing names. Chick-Fil-A's gotten Atlanta into the conversation for hosting the championship game and semifinal playoff games, and helped get the College Football Hall of Fame here.

And, they make a damn fine chicken sammich.

Truett's views on some social issues aren't so great, but that's to be expected from an uber-religious guy.

Plus thise cows are funny as hell.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

22-0.

Of course I also run a FBS Bowl pool at work, so I kind of need to know these things.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Why would they move a game in Louisiana to Boston?

Bigger stadium, more tickets sold, better sponsorship, does a small town in Louisiana need a team, but a smug northeastern metropolis doesn't?

I didn't say they had to move it, it was merely an idea that popped into my head. Plus they could keep the "Independence" Bowl name, fits the city pretty well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived