How well do you know your Bowl Games?

Drew22

Totally aced it. Though with those professional looking logos, those fake bowls could be real.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

19-1. Thought Sun Bowl was real.

That Peach Bowl logo was beautiful. Damn you, Chick-fil-A.

Considering what Chick-Fil-A has done for the bowl game, the city's economy during the football season (kickoff game through the bowl season), and college football in general....I've no problem with the Peach Bowl changing names. Chick-Fil-A's gotten Atlanta into the conversation for hosting the championship game and semifinal playoff games, and helped get the College Football Hall of Fame here.

And, they make a damn fine chicken sammich.

Truett's views on some social issues aren't so great, but that's to be expected from an uber-religious guy.

19-1. Thought Sun Bowl was real.

That Peach Bowl logo was beautiful. Damn you, Chick-fil-A.

The Sun Bowl is real, but it's sponsored by Hyundai and is played in El Paso (not Kaplan University and Phoenix). They probably should have come up with a different fake bowl name.

Considering what Chick-Fil-A has done for the bowl game, the city's economy during the football season (kickoff game through the bowl season), and college football in general....I've no problem with the Peach Bowl changing names. Chick-Fil-A's gotten Atlanta into the conversation for hosting the championship game and semifinal playoff games, and helped get the College Football Hall of Fame here.

Truett's views on some social issues aren't so great, but that's to be expected from an uber-religious guy.

Are they changing it back to the Peach Bowl when the new playoff starts, or did I have a really lame dream?

I've got a lot of love for Chick-fil-A. I worked there in high school and really enjoyed it. They aren't the kind of company to put money over everything, and that's why I was disappointed with their decision to drop "Peach" from the name. Like you said, they've done a tremendous amount of work to put Atlanta on the college football map.

Are they changing it back to the Peach Bowl when the new playoff starts, or did I have a really lame dream?

It's back to being the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, as mandated by playoff executives. I don't know if it'll be next season, as they won't be hosting a semifinal game, but it'll be by 2016.

PJU85JF.png

20-0 but that sun bowl one almost got me. I knew it was real but the sponsor was off. Well played. The fake logos were pretty nice and the text was snarky but amusing. Good game!

As far as the peach bowl goes, why did the name change? The Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl was a good name. Well as far as corporate named bowl games go.

I wouldn't mind the Chick-fil-A Bowl being called the Peach Bowl Pres. By Chick-fil-A. Longer name, obviously, but it'll settle both sides who would either want the Peach Bowl or Chick-fil-A Bowl names.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived