Philadelphia Eagles: Uniform update 1/9/14

8BW14

I dont mind the eagles going with a lighter shade of green, and adding silver back into their unis, but I would like to see a Eagles concept that is more modern and not just a rehash of old ideas. The only concepts I see around here are either going super simple like the ones from the 80's or those throwback unis, or a simple recoloring of the current uniforms, which I could see more than going back retro.

The tail looks REALLY awkward. It needs to be brought down and made smaller. Line weights on the head need work, especially the mouth. I think the helmet is just a bit too boring, it needs like one more thing. Overall this concept is fairly solid, but it doesn't say NFL to me. It looks like a high school set.

I do agree with you about the tail and the line weight at the beak, so I tweaked those things and I think your suggestion really helped. I'm happy with this logo and I think it is finished. I really like the simplicity of it and I think simplicity is what makes an NFL logo. In my opinion, the current Eagles logo is way too detailed an doesn't really fit in with the traditional aesthetic of the NFL, which was the biggest reason I went with just green, white, and silver and no shading or extra lines. So here it is, the final draft of the Philadelphia Eagles logo:

eaglesprimarylogo_zps7ee9495f.png

Now that the logo is finished, I think it's time to unveil the uniforms and a wordmark. Like the logo, I kept things pretty simple and went with just silver and green.eaglesuniforms_zpsfb79e373.png

I'm not sure how it translates on here but the subtle gradient on the numbers and pant stripe is meant to be a shiny twill to make this set pop just a but more. What does everyone think, Too simple? I would definitely love to hear any C&C, thanks.

This is awesome IMO. I wouldn't mind a true Kelly green, as you're current shade kinda represents both the Kelly and midnight blue. But the silver wings & numbers are excellent. Especially the helmet wings, fantastic work!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived