Philadelphia Eagles: Uniform update 1/9/14

8BW14

I have been working on this idea for the Philadelphia Eagles football team. I wanted to get back to the full body eagle as the primary logo. So here it iseaglesprimarylogo_zps6fefa482.png

I know it is simple but I didn't want to go overboard with shading and lines. I'm pretty happy with it but something about the perspective doesn't look quite right to me. I have been trying to figure it out but I have been looking at it for way too long and I just can't see it . Any suggestions and c&c are definitely welcome. Thanks

The right wing is throwing off the perspective. Bring it inward towards the body more so it doesn't stick out so far and lower it slightly. The way the talons are gripping the football is unrealistic. The thumbs would be wrapped around the ball and we wouldn't see them completely. The football also looks flat. If you fix those things it would look nicer. I like the idea you're going for.

This should maybe go in the unpopular opinions thread, but I love the Midnight Green look much, much better than the old Kelly Green set. The old stuff looks too much like the Jets, IMO.

Back on topic - the logo is fantastic and you've done a good job not making it too complex. Simple, clean lines are always preferable. Nice work!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wow thanks for all of the feedback everybody. It was definitely more than I had initially expected.

The perspective on the back wing is a little awkward. You might try rotating it counter clockwise to a similar angle to the front wing.

The right wing is throwing off the perspective. Bring it inward towards the body more so it doesn't stick out so far and lower it slightly. The way the talons are gripping the football is unrealistic. The thumbs would be wrapped around the ball and we wouldn't see them completely. The football also looks flat. If you fix those things it would look nicer. I like the idea you're going for.

Okay I see what you mean and I will give that a try. Also I didn't even notice that about the talons. I will fix that because it just doesn't look right.

The beak will get fixed as well I thought it looked a little too bulky too.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for all of the input. it was really helpful and I will get back to work to fix the problems with the logo.

eaglesprimarylogo_zps6890277b.png

Here's the new eagle with all of the improvements everyone suggested. The talons still look a little to me, but I think they are better. I think the new angle of the wing is pretty good, but if anyone sees something different, I am definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your help guys and anymore help/suggestions for the talons is definitely welcome.

Looks good, the only thing I can see is the area between the eagles legs is filled in with gray while the spaces between the wings & tail are not, giving it an outline instead of a fill will also help the ball stand out a bit more since it's gray too. Other than that, good job!

Archived