NHL WC/SS Series: 1987 Stadium Series MTL-DET added

JCRGraphix

You should extend these past current time, and work up until 2020 or so. Make a hypothetical future to ootdoor games. All of these are REALLY well done. It's great seeing the logos that you've created for each game. I could see the majority of them being a logo actually used by the league. Let's hope that they don't take the path of super bowl logos. Keep up the good work!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something like this. The flyers jersey is a mix of the 82 and 84 jerseys.

First lesson. Don't threadjack. It's his thread, he'll do what he wants.

Speaking of this thread, I've been following it closely. Pretty damn great stuff here. Can't wait to see where if goes, especially in the late 90's.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1986.pngsomething like this. The flyers jersey is a mix of the 82 and 84 jerseys.

These wouldn't work for a Stadium Series game. It would have to be a 'futuristic' look on the teams. Also even for a Winter Classic I think the Flyers one isn't anything special to what they currently wear. Other than no nameplate I like what they wear better than that. I think the small changes made actually brings it down a notch in my opinion. I also can't see the Penguins triangle being blue. Looks off to me, almost battling with the black of the penguin.

Just putting my 2 cents in...

It's all good, we just don't really do it that particular way around here. You'll get used to the way things operate on this board though. I like your idea for a WC idea, and once you have some more ideas I'd highly suggest putting together a thread of your own to get some decent feedback. This board is a great tool for developing your design skills!

Also, I've been doing paid work for two different and rather demanding clients while moving my family, but I have the next SS almost done. All I'll say so far is that it's a particularly successful NHL team in the 1980s vs. a powerhouse from across the globe...

1986.pngsomething like this. The flyers jersey is a mix of the 82 and 84 jerseys.

These wouldn't work for a Stadium Series game. It would have to be a 'futuristic' look on the teams. Also even for a Winter Classic I think the Flyers one isn't anything special to what they currently wear. Other than no nameplate I like what they wear better than that. I think the small changes made actually brings it down a notch in my opinion. I also can't see the Penguins triangle being blue. Looks off to me, almost battling with the black of the penguin.

Do you think this could work for a winter classic?

CCM.pngHow about this one for late 80's, even early 90's?

That would be definitely a direction to go to for a SS game. I actually would like to see something crazy like that for the actual ones this year. I think Reebok got 'futuristic' jerseys mixed up with 'terrible incomplete jerseys'

The Penguins' triangle will always be gold. It stands for the golden triangle where the 3 rivers come together. Nobody in Pittsburgh would ever make that mistake. That's why even when the jerseys were blue and blue, those triangles in the logo were gold.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived