Burgas Seagulls logo

Dilomski

Hello everyone,

Although I am new in the forum, I have been checking this great website for a long time and I what a great website with great people it is!

Anyway, since I have been always a fan of the american sport logos style, I made a custom fictional logo.Hope someone will like it and make it a real team logo, but until then its pure fun.

The seagull is a popular character where I live, Burgas (Bulgaria, Eastern Europe).Its a good character for a logo, because it represents a hungry,nasty and sometimes aggresive bird.

Hope you like it, comments and critics are welcome:)

Primary logo

1_zps07096bde.jpg

Alternative logo

2_zps20b0d60d.jpg

Wordmark logo

3_zps50c7ee9f.jpg

Distressed version alternative logo

4_zpsf819e1dc.jpg

More artwork at:

http://www.dilom.eu

However the seagull's face is a little awkward to me.

Glad it wasn't just me.

Take a look at these examples of bird logos, generally, only one eye is shown. So maybe the solution is to eliminate the furthest eye, make the nearest one a bit larger, and mess with the size and shape of the beak a little bit.

Birds_Wallpaper_1280a.png

bufg.png

Look at the eyes, and look at the beak. The way you have it illustrated now, the perspective is way off. The beak is a profile view, and the eyes are 3/4, which is why the face looks off. It's sharply rendered -- once you fix the perspective issues, it will be a heck of a lot better.

Look at the eyes, and look at the beak. The way you have it illustrated now, the perspective is way off. The beak is a profile view, and the eyes are 3/4, which is why the face looks off. It's sharply rendered -- once you fix the perspective issues, it will be a heck of a lot better.

That's gotta be it.

Since I have nothing better to do, I did a very quick and rough idea of what may improve your perspective.

vgr3.jpg

bufg.png

The first of the new logos is better than the second, the only thing is that the "fingers" or whatever they are look awkward. Maybe make one wing kinda cover it instead of three little things.

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

Reevaluate the size of the beak. I don't think the "hand" grabbing the BS works. Birds don't grab things with their wings.

Oh DON'T THEY?!

Wasn't he an albatross or something?

"Wilbur is a really fun albatross who likes rock-&-roll music."

And awfully hip with the times.

bufg.png

:D That was a cool albatross indeed.

A bit sad that in english bs is often standing for bulls%it, I know.But the name of the town beginns with B, and Seagulls is with S, plus Burgas is popular to use short with bs.But anyway its a bit old logo and actually my first and only try with this specific sport style of logo.I am going to update it further, until satisfaction, maybe featuring a clean image logo without any letters like arizona cardinals or philly eagles have.

More artwork at:

http://www.dilom.eu

Archived