Madden San Antonio Marshals

adam__cain

Overall, not bad but there is certainly room for improvement.

Here are my thoughts if you care to read them:

The GOOD -

1. Love the idea of a San Antonio franchise - anytime you can use a city where there is no NFL team you are free to explore

2. Love the of the nickname Marshals - fits perfectly for that area of the country, and to my knowledge there is no professional team with that name (great choice!)

3. The helmet logo with the star is a fantastic place to start (I've created something similar in the past with the exact same nickname so I know it works well)

4. The uniforms are clean and not overly modern and overdone - love that you went more classic and old school - don't deviate from that

5. You've done a great job matching the different elements of the uniform - its an undervalued part of creating a uniform (though don't OVER do it)

6. Your color choices are not that far off from what you'd expect for a team named the Marshals (spot on but you may need to add an accent color that pops)

Opportunities for Improvement -

1. The home and away uniforms don't always have to be mirror images of each other - I love the shoulder yolk on the white jersey, but hate it on the black one for some reason. Maybe have a solid black jersey with the shoulder stripes will be okay

2. As I mentioned above, maybe you can benefit from a subtle accent color like red, orange, or gold.

3. I would rework the helmet logo to make it look more like a classic Texas Ranger star. I would also remove the wording because it would be too hard to see anyways on the field. I would suggest making the star and outline THINNER

4. Play with the stripes and try different options. I like that they are classic looking stripes but would they look better with different thicknesses??? Try all sorts of options first to see what works....you never know what might pop

5. Be careful with the helmet stripe because it almost makes the whole thing TOO predictable. I usually go by the rule of thumb when it comes to uniform design: try to match at least TWO of the THREE elements together when it comes to colors and or striping (i.e. helmet, jersey, pants)

6. If you are going to put numbers on the pants then remove the TV numbers from the shoulders because its overkill. No need to have three sets of numbers on the jersey...especially with HDTV these days!!!! :)

Hope that helps!

Great work and looking forward to seeing your updates! Take care

My only complaint would be that it screams Oakland Raiders

Really? I get more of a Dallas Cowboys meets San Antonio Spurs vibe.

The color scheme does match up with the Spurs, though, so props for that. But that being said, the colors do look very similar to the Raiders and the star logo is a bit similar to the Cowboys.

Two thoughts: first, to get away from the Raiders colors, what about using more of a pewter or even some gold tones in there? Silver & Gold have an Old West "marshall" feel to them, so your concept is still aligned to the team name.

Secondly, what about switching from a 5-star to a 6-star badge? That would instantly kill the Cowboys comparisons, plus it would also mimic the six-pointed Spur logo. Nice little tie-in with the local team.

BadgeMARSHALrepl_FINAL.jpg828.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The color scheme does match up with the Spurs, though, so props for that. But that being said, the colors do look very similar to the Raiders and the star logo is a bit similar to the Cowboys.

Two thoughts: first, to get away from the Raiders colors, what about using more of a pewter or even some gold tones in there? Silver & Gold have an Old West "marshall" feel to them, so your concept is still aligned to the team name.

If he went pewter than it would seem he's copying the Bucs.

I think it would look great if you flipped the colors. Make gold the primary and black the secondary and only use white as an accent. So the jersey would be gold with black on the shoulders and white numbers. I'd make the pants black with the inside stripe gold, and the socks can stay, even though it's a leotard look. I like the helmet, though I think it could be better without the stripe and the facemask would look better black. Nonetheless the helmet looks good and it's your uniform. Sorry for so many suggestions, just trying to be constructive.

28mmjrr.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Add in a bunch of silver and you're good.

He just got rid of silver...

No. KEEP the gold, but ADD silver to it. Silver, gold, black and white.

Seconded.

I'd use Black as the primary, Silver as the secondary, and Gold + White as the tertiary colors.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Throw in some good old Texas accents in red and blue (also because these are the SA town colours), for instance the outline of the numbers and the outline of the San Antonio tag on the jersey. As for primary colours, try silver with white shoulders and sleeves, black pants and black helmet. Basically flipping the Raiders (silver helmet, black jersey, silver pants). Silver six pointed US Marshall star in a roundel as your logo and there you go with a killer design for a great franchise..

Archived