Race Logo Collaboration

raysox

ok, i can see the florida looking like clipart, but the alabama? its in the same style as the texas one?

Maybe he means that it appears you took the state, Mtn Dew, some checkered flags and script and stuck it together. Its very asymetric and doesnt flow well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept tinkering because the logo and the 500 didn't fit within the shape as well as I liked. I came up with something else, but also included the suggested updates (within the green shape and within the full shape). On the newest one, I played with adding more orange, but it looked a bit off. Anyway, enjoy.

13742762984_3a9f050906_z.jpg

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I went with the mountainous background of the Phx Raceway logo. Plus threw in a couple cacti because, you know, Arizona.

13760550045_a3248abc38_b.jpg

Because I kind of liked the green outline I kept it, but also did the full black outline, too.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I was thinking of trying Florida, if you don't already have it or if it's not already in progress... AND, more importantly, if you're cool with that. I have a couple ideas in mind. I'm hoping you won't have to hold my hand through this one. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, couple of things for you all! First, I have put the name of the designer on the video of each race who designed that specific race logo. We're on race 9 so BlackBolt and Derschwig have been prominent.

Next!

So I was talking to all the owners, and we couldn't decide on the host of the All-Star Race at the end of the season. I gave them the option of 4 tracks that don't host any Sim Cup races. Those are..
Milwaukee Mile - Flat track with decent racing
Auto Club Speedway - Big market with poor racing
Dover International - banked oval with good racing
Iowa Speedway - short track similar to Richmond
and then I threw in Datona because the track hosted the last All-Star race. So I thought that it could become the perminent host because of the action. I decided I would create a logo for each to entice everyone to choose certain logos. So here they are! You can vote here
tumblr_nadpcuylpd1qe2dhgo1_400.pngtumblr_nadpcuylpd1qe2dhgo2_400.pngtumblr_nadpcuylpd1qe2dhgo3_400.png
tumblr_nadpcuylpd1qe2dhgo4_400.pngtumblr_nadpcuylpd1qe2dhgo5_400.png

Pomona and Milkwaukee are really well/cleverly done. Those 2 are my favourite logo wise. But for racing wise, I'd like to see Dover - however, I think its the weakest one simply because there isnt much iconic things that scream Deleware, let alone Dover. Iowa's logo isn't bad either, never raced the track, but I'm sure it will make for good racing (which is the most important still), but marketability in a realistic sense would be horrible. But thats getting too business-y about it.

Logo: Pomona > Milwaukee > Daytona > Iowa > Dover
Track: Daytona > Dover > Milwaukee > Iowa > Pomona

I agree with 1clkgtramg on his assessment of the logos and tracks. Auto Club's logo is really nice. My only change would be to make the black outline on the right side of "SIM CUP" straight. Following the angles and curves of the letters works for the bigger text, but it just doesn't look right at the bottom.

Also, what's the name of the font used in the Milwaukee logo? I see it used a lot.

For some reason I love that Daytona logo. I love the old 70's Days Inn feel to it. Very retro, which I feel is something you never see in auto racing logos except for the Indy 500. Love it!

Really they're all well done. I agree with what mbannon said above with the SIM CUP on the bottom of the Auto Club logo. Dover is probably my least favorite out of them. I think it's a bit too simple compared to the others I've seen. My only problem with the Milwaukee one is that the wheat looks a little too much like the Brewers, but that's getting pretty picky and it would probably even work in real life. I really like the simpleness of Iowa too though. Also has a retro 70's feel to it, and I'm guessing that's a corn kernel. Freaking awesome man!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I really like the simpleness of Iowa too though. Also has a retro 70's feel to it, and I'm guessing that's a corn kernel. Freaking awesome man!

Oh that's what it was!!! ahhhh couldn't figure it out for the life of me :P

Archived