Race Logo Collaboration

raysox

Hey guys!

Dunno how much love this is gonna get, but some friends(mostly from the creamer boards) and I run a simulated racing series. I'm talking super in depth, modded custom paint schemes and everything. You can check out the website here.
simcupseries.blogspot.com/

So for the 2014 season, we have 20 races that need logos. I figure opening up the designs to everyone will give it a realistic look with many different artists coming together. I plan on doing several, but feel free to post your logos if you're interested. So if you're interested, here is the schedule. If ayone has any ideas, feel free to suggest changes.

Homestead- Florida 400
Rockingham- Time Warner 400
Darlington- Denny's Southern 400
Martinsville- Commonwealth 500
Atlanta- Husky Tools 500
Talladega- Walmart 500
Sonoma- Golden State 350
Pocono Raceway- Visit Pocono 375
Gateway International- Gateway Classic
Texas- WhatABurger 500
Daytona- Tropicana 400
Michigan- Delphi 400
Richmond- Levi Strauss 400
Bristol- Gibson 500

Indianapolis- Menards Indy 400
Watkins Glen- Grand Prix of the Glen
Charlotte- Charlotte 500
Talladega- Alabama 500 pres by Dew
Phoenix International- GoDaddy.com 500
Las Vegas- Las Vegas Shootout

This is what last year's looked like, all done by me.

117cm7o.png

But yeah, I'm doing this because I think it'dbe pretty cool to have a big mix of logos. I'm open to anything right now, so feel free to help! If your logo is the final logo, I'll definately give you credit when the race is simmed.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Rockingham and Bristol's the best.

I wouldnt really know where to start, but I guess there is really no criteria for them. But since I love cars and do enjoy Nascar enough to see a race in the US once a year, I'll give it a shot haha.

This is amazing, raysox. These race logos are just incredible and would love to see these actually used. I might be able to help out if my schedule works out ;)

Can't wait to see the rest!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Yea its not working for me haha. I was trying to experiment with an idea I had for Indy, but my execution is horrible. I was trying to make the wings of the IMS logo into bricks instead of feathers - as most sponsored races at Indy make their own version if the flying wheel - but It's just not working. But its an idea if you or anyone wants to try it out!

I really like this idea. Giving other people the opportunity to contribute will definitely give this logo set a more realistic look.

While I'm not entirely confident in my logo designing skills, I tried my hand at making some concepts for "Sonoma- Golden State 350". I made the one on the right first, but I prefer the left one.

p3e5h.jpg

I really like this idea. Giving other people the opportunity to contribute will definitely give this logo set a more realistic look.

While I'm not entirely confident in my logo designing skills, I tried my hand at making some concepts for "Sonoma- Golden State 350". I made the one on the right first, but I prefer the left one.

p3e5h.jpg

Definitely the left. The right looks like British Columbia

That Golden State one on the left is great. And although I agree that Nascar Logos tend to be a little too detailed, these are easier on the eyes and much more refreshing - which I think is the point of making custom ones rather than mimicking real ones.

Mike, I really like your SimCup race series. I was wondering if I could take a shot at the Grand Prix at the Glen logo? I have some ideas for it.

Have you ever thought of running a F1 simulation league? Can I ask what program you use to run your simulation race league?

Most of these, while good logos, are just too simple for NASCAR race logos IMO

Good, because most NASCAR logos (and NASCAR's branding in general) are outdated and butt fugly. Everything I've seen in this thread so far would be a massive upgrade.

Yep this thread is open to anyone.

But the racing league is the first league in my idea of a youtube channel that has a bunch of sim sports. We're trying to get hockey figured out, but honestly, if I get the support and can mod the games, then any sport would be great to do.I would love a F1 league.

But I use a game called NASCAR Racing 3. I grew up playing it, and now I'm using it to it's full potential.

You all can follow the twitter for the series @mock_sports

Archived