My Auburn Concepts

Clintau24

I've been on a little bit of a kick lately, trying to fit Auburn sports into other uniforms. I've tried posting them to twitter, but people just don't understand these at all, so I thought I'd share with you guys!! All of these concepts were made pretty quickly, so they won't be the cleanest things in the world.

I posted in another thread my Auburn Turn Ahead the Clock uniforms. All of these are based off of the failed experiment in 1999 by MLB. (Yes, I know I messed up the placement of the script AUBURN on the back of the jersey)

turnaheadtheclockconceptall_zps5455c5be.

I recently found a photo gallery of old basketball uniforms, going back to the 1920s, so I tried to adapt Auburn to those styles. All of these are just made on top of the current uniforms, so they look a little bit like a mess. The one with the tiger head on the chest, the logo is the same head the football team wore in the 20s.

basketballunisall_zpsa5020808.jpg

Today, I was looking through some pictures and came across my Jacksonville Jaguars new uniforms, and I just thought how Auburn would look if they (hell, anyone) tried to copy those. I took the official font the Jags use and put that in the badge, which I'm very fond of. The Jags only use four letters, and nothing with Auburn really works well with four letters, so I just put it all in there. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to use in place for the Jag head, and Auburn doesn't really have anything like that. They have the eye of the tiger logo and an old full body tiger, so I went with the only full tiger head logo with the sailor caped Aubie as I call it.

auburnjaxconcept_zpsa843f745.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

You've come to the right place...I think, given that I haven't tried to understand twitter (though that's just me) but do understand concepts. Going in reverse order, I have a series here called College to Pro, and the football concept's almsot exactly what I'd post for any former AU player who happened to presently be employed by the Jaguars, all you need now is a Jax uni that looks like a recolored Auburn :D that, and learn how to make faux gradients just in case something like the Jags helmet comes up ;) As far as the basketball jerseys, the one I'd like to most see, refined a teeny bit, is the AUBURN TIGERS version, reminds me of a Pistons throwback I liked. Ending at the top, considering I was specializing in TATC concepts when I first joined the community (man I feel old) the tiger stripe sleeved one makes me wish this wasn't a rush job, mainly as the back view showing solid blue sleeves shows it to be exactly that: to your detriment, you rushed. And rushing when you can afford to take a bit more time tends to make you forget a detail or two. I know, seeing as I still do it occasionally.

Speaking of the project I'd mentioned, since you're an AU fan, to pique my own curiosity I figure I'll show you an oldie and ask your opinion.

c2pcamnewton.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I see what you mean about the TATC tiger jersey, kicking myself over that now! And I really enjoyed your College to Pro thread! It was such a unique idea and I loved it! For the gradient helmet, I tried, I did, then said screw it. I couldn't get it down pat.

As for the Jacksonville colored Auburn uniform, how about this?--

Jacksonville-Auburnconcept_zpsf78505c5.j

ojNNazQ.jpg

I went and made another of these cross-over concepts. This time I went with the crazy Pittsburgh Steeler's bumblebee/jailhouse uniforms. I actually liked these uniforms even though many people didn't. I did this waiting on a class to start, so I just recolored the Steeler's uniforms in this template so I didn't have to draw it all over again in my usual template. I did remake the patch, but didn't want to change the dates since Auburn has been playing for about 150 years or so now. Plus I couldn't find any good fonts in a quick search that matched. I actually like how this came out. One thing I couldn't decide on was whether or not to put the AU helmet logo in a circle like the Steeler's or just leave it as the AU. Any thoughts on that would be great.

PittAuburnconcept_zpsc61def6a.jpg

ojNNazQ.jpg

I know one thing, if there was ever a motif that made too much sense, it'd be the one you based off of the Steelers' bumblebees. I'd probably have had an orange AU on the helmet instead of a white one, but like I said...this just makes way too much sense. The other thing I know...you probably could do justice to an Auburn-centric College to Pro series if you felt like it. Aside from the number font, that's pretty much spot on to how the pro end of an Aub-Jags C2P would look.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I was torn on the Bumble-bee helmet logo, so I might go back and play around with it some. For the Auburn/Jacksonville numbers, both those fonts are taking directly from the other team; they're both correct.

I think it would be fun to do an Auburn College-to-Pro series! Especially with the draft coming up, that would be pretty cool (Hoping my Jags actually pick some guys up). After I get done with this hellish week of class (3 tests this week alone, 2 in one day) I just might go play around with this idea!

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 5 months later...

I was playing around with some things last night and ended up putting Auburn's colors on Northwestern's new uniforms, and really like how they turned out. Unfortunately my PhotoShop abilities are only enough to play around with the colors and such. Think some pant stripes would look pretty nice as well.

nwau_zpsb2742334.jpg

nwaub_zps73b7ba04.jpg

Many people on twitter didn't like the blue tops.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Cool concepts Clint. You sure know how to create something out of nothing. Keep'em up!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived