NBA Redesign

Htown1141

To me, these are a complete downgrade from the Mavs' current set. While I like the idea of adding Don Carter's hat back into the logo design, it doesn't work with the team's current font and the unimaginative basketball.

Also, the horse secondary logo is atrocious.

Mostly solid. The horse's head is blending into the basketball. It really should be a different colour from the ball. The mane also doesn't look particularly natural--give it some flow. That said, I much prefer this horse's head than the one in the current Mavs' logo.

rATMcmK.png

I do like the idea of that horse head logo. I agree with some of the above comments, it should contrast with the ball and the mane should be more natural. But other than that, it's a pretty good logo.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm also thinking now that there's too much going on in the primary. Basketball plus horse plus star, most of which you don't notice until you look closer. I think the problem with the Mavericks' present logo is that there is too much going on (plus the bizarre profile of the horse's head). Simplify, edit, make careful choices.

rATMcmK.png

I only have one suggestion for the Mavericks. Make the blue a navy blue, or some darker blue. I think that'll take the concept to the next level. Everything else is fine.

I can't get on board with the Rockets concept. That huge H in Houston is just too garish and out of place. Return it to whatever size you have the other letters in.

Other suggestions for the Rockets: First, use "Rockets" on those home whites instead of Houston. Second, choose a curvier, leaner font for the numbers. Third, inverse the number colors on the road jersey; i.e. white numbers trimmed in yellow. Fourth, recolor the basketball in the logo from red to yellow, or vice versa and recolor the H from red to either yellow or white.

Archived