The Road to Omaha: The 2014 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Seadragon76

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Long Beach State and UC Irvine!!

As much as I hate SoCal teams :P I do enjoy the Dirtbags.

Where are you from?

I'm from and live in the Bay Area but I have tons of friends down in Southern California. I have a few friends who attended Long Beach, Irvine, Fullerton, Northridge and UCLA. I always liked the Dirtbags name.

After Day 1...

Trouble in Tallahassee: Florida State gets blanked 7-0 against Georgia Southern

Cajuns Crap Out: Jackson State upsets UL Lafayette 1-0

Rain, Rain Go Away: First day in Oxford washed out

Nashville Nightmares: Combined score of the two games are 29-1 (18 by Oregon and 11 by Vanderbilt)

After Day 2:

The Fatal Fifteen: Of the teams that got knocked out yesterday...

-2 #1 Seeds (Florida and Florida State)

-3 #2 Seeds (Indiana State, Arizona State and Dallas Baptist)

-6 #3 Seeds (Bryant, Clemson, Columbia, San Diego State, Old Dominion and Liberty)

-4 #4 Seeds (North Dakota State, Binghamton, George Mason and Kent State)

[One more team will be added as #3 seed Georgia Tech faces #4 Jacksonville State in Oxford today]

Long enough for ya?: TCU takes down Sam Houston State after 22 innings

Today is the final day of Regional play (barring any funny business in Gainesville). So, the Super Regional matchups are as follows and will be updated through out the day:

-UC Irvine at Oklahoma State

-Houston at Texas

-Kennesaw State at Louisville

-Stanford at Vanderbilt

-College of Charleston at Texas Tech

-Pepperdine at TCU

-Mississippi at UL-Lafayette

-Maryland at Virginia

Stanford, a walk off win, on the road. Great to see the standard for modern baseball aesthetics advance!

The NCAA is utter bollocks. That is all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Last year, 14 #1 seeds won regionals and no lower-seed made it to Omaha.

This year, only 7 #1 seeds won regionals and there can be as little as 1 #1 seed in Omaha.

Two years on the complete opposite of the spectrum. I like underdogs, but too many of them can take the excitement out of things.

Sorry to all the Louisville Cardinal fans here, but Kennesaw State is going to sweep them pretty bad. B)

Fixed. I'm sorry, Raysfan, but you don't go against the hottest team in the nation and not be impressed.

Sorry to all the Louisville Cardinal fans here, but Kennesaw State is going to sweep them pretty bad. B)

Fixed. I'm sorry, Raysfan, but you don't go against the hottest team in the nation and not be impressed.

I like Kennesaw State, but there is no way they can be considered the hottest team in the nation. They beat Alabama 1-0, got lucky that GA Southern beat Florida State and then beat GA Southern in extra innings. They then split two games with Alabama to make it to a super.

I'd say that out of the 16 remaining teams, they are the 14th or 15th hottest. I hope they can beat Louisville and I'd consider them hot if they did that, but as it stands right now, Louisville should be a heavy favorite.

Archived