In the big leagues, many teams have alternate or away caps, but don't have a batting helmet to match it, making for inconsistent headgear.

I decided to make batting helmets concepts based off these hats. The template didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to, but the helmets don't look bad. My favorite concept is the orange Marlins helmet.

Since these concepts aren't anything new, I'll put them all in a few posts. C & C would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time doing anything other than hockey jerseys. Thanks!

14306228175_6b01078c4b_q.jpg14306228085_edd47afcb1_q.jpg14304329212_4c83cba265_q.jpg14304329072_3563af9194_q.jpg14302885341_ebafb902b9_q.jpg

Dope idea. My favourite is the Mariners... Only critique is that the although the logos look good, they could definitely look better. It might take some practice to give it that true natural look. (ie. White Sox, Nationals) And the Pirates yellow based helmet is too dark.

This is a great start though, it would be nice to see you make some concepts as well!

xOwzChW.jpg

While it would make for a more consistent look, my guess is that teams don't have alternate helmets due to the extra baggage they'd have to ship on the road. Throwback games are different, because the home team provides that equipment for the visitors, but for alternates, each team would have to ship them on their own.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Oakland has used (not sure if they still do with the away cap being changed) a road only batting helmet that was exactly like the one you pictured

sorry, I just noticed you used the current away A's logo, when I looked the first time I didn't notice the white in it.

93-94canucks.jpg

Archived