NBA final jerseys

Rays

Anyone know if the players get speciel made jerseys for the finals with the NBA logo man replaced with the finals patch, or is it a "regular" jersey that has the patch sewn on top of the NBA logo ?

*Finals*

i don't know but it could be that they just took a seam ripper to the NBA logo and replaced it with the finals logo. It doesn't take a lot of time to do, and with them only having to do it for 15 players plus a few blood jerseys it could be done in time.

Nvm, I just checked my game worn jersey from a few years ago and it would be impossible to seam rip the NBA logo because its embroidered and not a patch like a originally thought

Part of me would like to see each Finals team adopt the soccer tradition of adding stars to represent their number of past championships on their Finals logo, sorta like how the All Stars got a patch(es) on their warmup gear to show how many ASG they've been in a couple years back. Granted it could get unwieldy for some teams like the Lakers and celtics, but I figure they can put the stars in a circle pattern.

Reason why i ask is because i think it would be stupid to sew one NBA logo patch on top of another NBA logo.......I don´t understand why they just can´t have a finals patch on the other side of the jersey.

Id like the idea of the defending champs wearing that trophy logo on the uniforms for the whole year until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

That's ridiculous. They're not champions the season afterwards until they win it all over again. It's a clean slate.

bSLCtu2.png

Id like the idea of the defending champs wearing that trophy logo on the uniforms for the whole year until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

That's ridiculous. They're not champions the season afterwards until they win it all over again. It's a clean slate.

They're champions until somebody knocks them off their high horse, or in this case, somebody else wins the Finals the following season.

It's weird. For all the grief the NFL gets over the logo system for the Super Bowl, the NBA Finals properties (script logo, court stickers, jersey patches, etc.) seem to get a pass.

I'm not saying it's time to ditch "The Finals" script (although I wouldn't be opposed to that happening), but they've used the same court sticker and jersey patch now for 5 years. That patch is ugly - the details are completely lost on TV, and it ends up looking like a nondescript gold circle - and the script logo gets completely lost on the floor. I know the giant trophy stickers were polarizing, but they were distinct and instantly recognizable.

Because the Super Bowl logos should express the city or region it is in because they know where it will be 3 years in advance, the NHL and NBA finals are determined by the teams that play in it so it makes sense for them to not change to logos too much

They're champions until somebody knocks them off their high horse, or in this case, somebody else wins the Finals the following season.
Rickysking and wonderbread said it best.
shado_logo.gif

Because the Super Bowl logos should express the city or region it is in because they know where it will be 3 years in advance, the NHL and NBA finals are determined by the teams that play in it so it makes sense for them to not change to logos too much

World Series?

What if the NHL could replace the shield logo at the end of the colllar with a Stanley Cup logo?

I do like the idea that was proposed of having a slight variation on the Finals/Championship/Super Bowl/World Series patch where there are a number of stars included with it for the number of the championships this team already has. It would probably be cumbersome for teams like the Yankees, Canadiens, Celtics or Lakers, but in that case, they could do something like they do in the UEFA Champions League but have a silhouette of the trophy with the number of championships on it (or they may as well just do that instead of the star thing for all teams).

EDIT: Something like this. Though I think a patch similar to the one on the left would be cool too. Just the outline of the Stanley Cup with 2014 in it, or the Larry O'Brien trophy with 2014 in it, or the Commisioner's Trophy with 2014 in it. Something very very simple and tasteful that could be replicated easily.

$_12.JPG

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived