UPDATE – Myrtle Beach Pelicans Logo Redesign

Go Red Sox!

It's better, in my opinion. Although I'm really not too sure about the shading on the sun. Looks like some kind of eclipse or a moon phase or something. But that's just me. Maybe you could use some darker shade of yellow instead of aquamarine for the sun's shading.

Also a very good idea. Don't know why I'm always so damn careful using different shades of the same basis color.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here's the logo now with the pelican almost centered and a circular shaped sun in the background with an aquamarine and white shading including a navy-blue outline. Better or worse, guys?

Primarylogopelicancentered_zpsdd86a0df.j

It's getting there. It's more balanced with the Pelican closer to the center.

The sun needs the rays, however.

One thing bugging me...the way "Myrtle Beach" sits above the wordmark. Since you have a bow-tie effect with the Pelicans name, the negative space above it looks weird with a purely horizontal city name. I think that whole area should be flat. Make the tops of all the letters in Pelicans align, and just have the bottom arched. Then Myrtle Beach will fit that area a lot better, and the alignments will match.

With a blue color, it should resemble the ocean's horizon better as well, and will also look more like a sunrise.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hi again. Some changes were made on the logo:

– Just the bottom of the PELICANS script is arched, so MYRTLE BEACH fits in a lot better visually.

– A yellow and white colored sun has been added with rays.

Thoughts? Thanks to all for their suggestions, including @slapshot for the latest helpful tips.

Primarylogopelicancentered_zps8013aa9b.j

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is some fantastic work. Very well done! I like the discussion about making the ball the sun . . . if you were to do this, I would go back to the rounded sun that had the aqua and yellow on it and maybe make that a beach ball? I am just brainstorming here. Or stick with the pointed sun and make the baseball a beach ball/baseball looking ball? These are just ideas. I think what you have is pretty top notch right now.

In my eyes the pelican font looks really plain maybe add yellow or aquamarine accents on the inside.

Two guys, one idea! How's that?

(MYRTLE BEACH now in sun gold and PELICANS with aquamarine accents)

Primarylogo_zpsfdba54c3.jpg

I don't really like the aquamarine accents. The other version is better IMO. Great concept overall BTW. Do you plan on doing uniforms as well?

Thanks a lot! Not sure about uniforms yet.

If you want to do anything with the Pelicans wordmark, I'd only use a slight bevel, because the bottom part of the letters being all light blue is way to overwhelming. Love how this is coming along, great work!

spacer.png

Hi guys. Here's the Myrtle Beach Pelicans logo with an aquamarine drop shadow on the PELICANS wordmark. I really like it this way now. I chose aquamarine, not sun gold, because this color is too bright for this purpose and decreases readability.

Primarylogo_zpsef680164.jpgPrimarylogo_zpsfdba54c3.jpg

New version Old version

Really nice job, but i have two (or three or four) cents for you:

1) The aqua highlights on the text should follow the same aqua highlights on the pelican (so aligned to the left)

2) I also can't help but think that a Pelicans in script lettering might be the better way to go. Maybe something closer to what they had before.

3) Not sure how it would look, but maybe make the center of the sun navy and the white burst aqua. In my head, it has the look of a dull, setting sun over the water.

4) Maybe you could have two wooden posts jutting up (like a boardwalk pier) and then have the MYRTLE BEACH script between them, then the pelican can rest on the right one and the sun could rise between the two,

Guest darkpiranha

Try making the outer rays of the sun aquamarine. I tried a test of it on my end, and it looks pretty good. It works (in my eyes) because the outer rays almost take on the role of the sky as opposed to rays, with the white inner rays being the actual 'rays' of the sun. The blue outer rays give it a patina of logic as to why the pelican has blue highlights.

Hi guys! Here now is the Pelicans logo with aquamarine sunrays as @darkpiranha has suggested.

Primarylogo_zps243c5901.jpgPrimarylogo_zpsef680164.jpg

New version Old version

Thoughts?

Archived