UPDATE – Myrtle Beach Pelicans Logo Redesign

Go Red Sox!

Hi guys. After some absence from this forum, I decided to redesign the Minor League's Myrtle Beach Pelicans team logo. I replaced Pelican Blue with an aquamarine shade. Except this color change, all the other colors remain untouched. Comments as usual welcome and appreciated...

n0x6l9egbdrmgxye7kk7u347j_zps6a78fec1.gi

Current team logo (since 2006)

Primarylogo_zpsc690f7ab.jpg

Redesigned team logo

Colors: Navy blue, aquamarine, sun gold, white.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Great logo here! Although I find the Pelicans logo fine the way it is, your logo is great nonetheless except for one thing. The off-center pelican kinda bothers me a bit. Maybe you should play around with the pelican being in the middle in front of the sun and separating the "Myrtle Beach" text.

Great job, though!

I like it. Only thing bugging me is the bland looking sun. I don't mind the Pelican being off centre but if thats the case, the sun will need to be edited - I'm just not sure how.

I'd make the sun circular and add that shading you're using across the rest of the logo. You might also want to think of how parts of the logo will transfer over to the hat logo as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have to agree with GoNordiques, this logo is very unbalanced. I'm wondering what would happen if you just shifted the top components to the left some. It still wouldn't be symmetrical--it doesn't have to be--but it would take care of all that dead space on the left.

rATMcmK.png

I have to agree with GoNordiques, this logo is very unbalanced. I'm wondering what would happen if you just shifted the top components to the left some. It still wouldn't be symmetrical--it doesn't have to be--but it would take care of all that dead space on the left.

It is, no doubt. I will move the pelican to the left, not totally centered, because I think this wouldn't really look okay. But I have to agree that it actually doesn't look that good with the pelican placed like that.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here's the logo now with the pelican almost centered and a circular shaped sun in the background with an aquamarine and white shading including a navy-blue outline. Better or worse, guys?

Primarylogopelicancentered_zpsdd86a0df.j

It's better, in my opinion. Although I'm really not too sure about the shading on the sun. Looks like some kind of eclipse or a moon phase or something. But that's just me. Maybe you could use some darker shade of yellow instead of aquamarine for the sun's shading.

The pelican is fantastic, but your sun really needs some of those rays. Right now, it looks like a sand hill or a tide-washed beach (which, don't get me wrong, they do fit, but if you're going for a sun, you've missed the mark) Stellar job, though!

EDIT: OR. You could nix the sun and add rays to the baseball. Just a thought.

Very well rendered logo, really like this! As others have already mentioned the sun is the only thing that needs some slight mods. Reduce the size of the sun & try adding back the sun rays but only in the navy color if not another shade of yellow will be probably be needed or just use white in it if you don't want the extra color. Making the ball the sun is a great idea just not sure if it will make the whole logo look somewhat empty once you remove the sun from the background. Once again, great logo!

The pelican is fantastic, but your sun really needs some of those rays. Right now, it looks like a sand hill or a tide-washed beach (which, don't get me wrong, they do fit, but if you're going for a sun, you've missed the mark) Stellar job, though!

EDIT: OR. You could nix the sun and add rays to the baseball. Just a thought.

Thanks a lot. A sun looks different, no doubt. I know exactly what you mean. And I like the idea of the baseball with rays a lot. Will figure out how to put the whole thing into practice pretty soon. But that's definitely a great idea. I just don't know if the logo will look a little empty without the sun, like @ren69 mentioned. The baseball-with-rays-idea could – when the chips are down – at least become a good basis for a secondary logo.

Archived